Feature Request - Option to disable 'STOP live TV' dialog (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any progress on a solution?

The wife does not understand the press stop twice idea, nor being asked if she really wanted to turn off TV when that was clearly what she wanted to do. Plus, she merely hits the Watch TV button on the remote at the end of the day to turn off the whole system, not realizing that LiveTV is still running, even though the TV and Audio has turned off (I am usually running some background process so the PC does not hybernate). She thinks that pressing one button should be enough (well ... so do I ;) ).

Chuck

So map the following to the Off button: "Stop", "Stop", "Hibernate" (or whatever you prefer your htpc to do). Then your button will shut down the System no matter if you watch TV or not. Use PS++ and Away mode if you want to stop the PC from hibernating (sleeping, shutdowning) if you record something.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So map the following to the Off button: "Stop", "Stop", "Hibernate" (or whatever you prefer your htpc to do). Then your button will shut down the System no matter if you watch TV or not. Use PS++ and Away mode if you want to stop the PC from hibernating (sleeping, shutdowning) if you record something.

How do we do this? I don't recall being able to map a sequence of functions to a button in MP config.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    How about putting up a vote about this to sort it out for good? I really don't understand the dialog either and tried to reason against it long time ago.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just add multiple entries. Just for you, a screenshot with Stop, Stop, Standby:

StopStopSleep.png

scott_mckenzie

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I tried the above solution of mapping the remote keys to do multiple tasks and it didn't work for me. It was like the stop button tasks were ignored. I also tried to option of having the stop button executing 2 stop commands but instead it was like the 2nd stop button request was ignored. Is there anything I'm missing here?

Cheers - Scott

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just add multiple entries. Just for you, a screenshot with Stop, Stop, Standby:

Just revisiting this, I don't want my Power button to go to standby but to bring up the Shutdown menu (with Exit, Standby, etc) so that a) I don't accidentally go to standby and b) so that I have a choice of what to do. I can't see any Action to achieve this though, so is it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom