Feature Request - Option to disable 'STOP live TV' dialog (1 Viewer)

scott_mckenzie

Portal Pro
April 3, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I got the solution which is what I should have done earlier - I bout a harmony remote. Problem solved!

scott_mckenzie

Portal Pro
April 3, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

Just picked up my harmony remote yesterday. It works but IMHO it's a clunky solution. I would really like the feature of disabling this menu if possible.

Thanks - Scott

scott_mckenzie

Portal Pro
April 3, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Yeah I tried what is listed in the above screenshot and it didn't work. I completely agree that is a better workaround than getting my harmony remote to send the stop, stop, power off signals.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    scott: it did not work? That is strange, could you attach a debug log file with the action?

jonywee

Portal Member
    September 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    People have been asking to remove this timeshift-nag for years. Demand is not massive, but it keeps popping up. For me, I'm wondering why I have to educate my family on how to use a simple stop button.

I've used ForTheRecord and it does not ask for confirmation and users are not asking for it. MediaPortal does have a confirmation dialog and users do keep asking for years to remove it. Are there actual cases of users defending the confirmation dialog? I'm not aware of this. Are there other PVR's that have such a confirmation dialog? I don't know many, but I'm not aware of this.

For me, it does not solve a problem, it introduces a problem. I simply never have the problem that the confirmation tries to solve/avoid. But it introduces the problem that the stream keeps running (caused by pressing single stop when screen is already off). Wouldn't be the first time.

Why not make the confirmation dialog optional?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    People have been asking to remove this timeshift-nag for years. Demand is not massive, but it keeps popping up. For me, I'm wondering why I have to educate my family on how to use a simple stop button.

I've used ForTheRecord and it does not ask for confirmation and users are not asking for it. MediaPortal does have a confirmation dialog and users do keep asking for years to remove it. Are there actual cases of users defending the confirmation dialog? I'm not aware of this. Are there other PVR's that have such a confirmation dialog? I don't know many, but I'm not aware of this.

For me, it does not solve a problem, it introduces a problem. I simply never have the problem that the confirmation tries to solve/avoid. But it introduces the problem that the stream keeps running (caused by pressing single stop when screen is already off). Wouldn't be the first time.

Why not make the confirmation dialog optional?
    Because noone has done it yet... If someone makes a good patch I'm sure it will be included!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom