Feature Request: Remote Database and/or Movie List Export (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Nah I use dreamhost. They actually have a folder set up for any domains you have on their accounts... so when I login, I'm at a directory where the only folder is "thesoundaswordmakes.com" . Weird, I know. haha.

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Hey again LRF. It's working now, it looks like it didn't like the "/" to begin the output directory field.

So now that I have this XML file, how can I display the table of info on my server?

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Here is an example of an xsl file you can use to make it show in a table. My plugin can actually transform this for you if you want.

-LRFalk01

Attachments

• styles.zip
    30.6 KB

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
hm..... this is over my head again I think! haha. Can you give a step by step here?

This was actually my first xsl. They are a lot easier than you may think. Just review what W3C says about them. Here is an exaple of the output of the plugin using XSL to transform the XML into an HTML file.

XSLT Tutorial

-LRFalk01

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
hm.... Well, I got this far: How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

But, to do it I had to add the XSL line of code to the XML file...which I would hate to have to do everytime... Plus, it's going to take a lot more work to get it working all how I want..

Is there any way you can get your plugin to upload the full database (db3 file) to the webserver, just as it did the XML? That would solve all my problems! lol.

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
hm.... Well, I got this far: How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

But, to do it I had to add the XSL line of code to the XML file...which I would hate to have to do everytime... Plus, it's going to take a lot more work to get it working all how I want..

Is there any way you can get your plugin to upload the full database (db3 file) to the webserver, just as it did the XML? That would solve all my problems! lol.

My plugin can either add the stylesheet link for you, or it can actually transform the xml with your xsl file. These are both options in the config.

-LRFalk01

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Ah I see. The thing is It doesn't end up looking like the other version we had made with PHP. It is out of order, and not "good looking" ...haha!

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
As far as how it looks, that is what the xsl is for. You can transform the xml into an html file if you want, and use css to make it easier on you. . . . you are right about the out of order thing though. In order to put that in, you would have to use javascript table sorting.

This page uses javascript table sorting:
MediaPortal Movies

The filtering is not working as of right now.

-LRFalk01

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
nice! 2 Things:
1. Your search box doesn't seem to be working.
2. Anyway I can just use your XSL file that created that webpage for my own? You should include something like this with your plugin, as it will make for a fantastic easy to use package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom