Feature Request: Remote Database and/or Movie List Export (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
awesome just set this up on my server/htpc. Thanks a lot, never really thought of this. Also my first experience with the php sqlite combination. Use php a lot but mostly mysql based
:D again!

You should try this out:
movingpicturesxml - Google Code

I made a process plugin that exports to an xml.

-LRFalk01

Wait, so what exactly does this do? Any different from what we've already done with the database + your php code?

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
It is a lot better (imo) than the php code, and it will automatically ftp it to an ftp server if you set it up to do so. The plugin will also compensate for changes in the DB by automatically removing missing columns from the query strings.

All that woud be needed to list your movies would be a simple php script using simple_xml and xpath. (which is a lot cleaner, also imo).

-LRFalk01

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It is a lot better (imo) than the php code, and it will automatically ftp it to an ftp server if you set it up to do so. The plugin will also compensate for changes in the DB by automatically removing missing columns from the query strings.

All that woud be needed to list your movies would be a simple php script using simple_xml and xpath. (which is a lot cleaner, also imo).

-LRFalk01

Agreed, but the HTPC I run MP on was primarily set up as a server, so MP is not always running fro me, so the php script makes more sense. The server IS always on, MP just isn't ;)

I'm improving on looks, overall data availability and some stuff that makes it kinda automagic

-------------

Oh wait, now I get it. Of course you just upload a static xml to some server, the server reads that and throws out your page.
What I'm doing now is up to date to the second lol :)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Hey LRF. I've set this up correctly I am sure - but I can't get it to export to a file (be it on my HDD or to my FTP). Any ideas here? It is definately enabled in the MP config.

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Hey LRF. I've set this up correctly I am sure - but I can't get it to export to a file (be it on my HDD or to my FTP). Any ideas here? It is definately enabled in the MP config.

Mind posting your mediaportal.log?

-LRFalk01

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
see attached, it was too big to post. haha.

Attachments

• mediaportal.txt
    30.6 KB

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
It does not look like MovingPicturesXML ever runs. what is your interval set to?

-LRFalk01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom