Feature Request: Remote Database and/or Movie List Export (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
nice! 2 Things:
1. Your search box doesn't seem to be working.
2. Anyway I can just use your XSL file that created that webpage for my own? You should include something like this with your plugin, as it will make for a fantastic easy to use package.

Yeah, I mentioned that filtering was not working. I do not mind if you use the XSL I created (I did post it after all.); however, you may want to modify it to your needs. Currently my plugin can handle changes to the database fairly easily. It can pull just about any information you would want to see. I think how it should be displayed should be up to the user, but yes. I could make a xsl file that users can set the plugin to transform to and include the javascript and css files to style it.

-LRFalk01

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Oh but the XSL file you posted, I don't think at least, creates the same page that you just linked to. Instead it just makes the basic layout... I guess I don't understand how to go from that, to what is on your list. Is it just as simple as adding the CSS tags to it, pretty much?

If that's all it is, what code in the xsl file would include these tags in the html file it creates? Everything I try ends up being garbage when it outputs...

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
You need to focus on this portion on the XSL file:

Code:
  	<head>
  		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="css/styles.css" />
		<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/core.js"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/script.js"></script>
  	</head>

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
nice I finally figured it out, thanks!! haha. Not sure what my problem was, I started fresh and no problems, so must have been a typo or something.

Great tool!

Acutally one thing. The IMDB links don't show up.... I'm using the generic XSL you made, viewable here:
Index of /movies
mymovies.xml
mymovies.xsl

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
if anyone's interested I'm working on something myself, this thread gave me the idea and the basic start (never worked with php + sqlite combi before).
It's still a work in progress but I'm getting there. All set up nicely php codewise now. Still not really sure how to style it all though. Liking the jquery fancy stuff going on (click the table rows and dvd covers) :)
Catalog: Movingpictures

I choose to do it with php for a couple of reasons;
1) I am familair with it
2) It's realtime
3) It has the potential to serve all kinds of data not just movingpictures
4) Powerfull queries and the use of apache aliases makes it show whatever

Currently setup in an MVC structure, if someone's interested I can post the code. I think it will only be running on php 5.
First I was copying images to my webroot but after a while I figured apache aliases would be easier (never done it, was a breeze).

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
nice!! That is pretty awesome too. I'll wait til you get a little more finished with it. Some things I think are crucial:
* Show the IMDB Rating on the main table (sortable).
* Show the ID number or a Date Added field on the main table (sortable).
* Year on the main table (sortable).

Also, some way to make it auto update to the net, it's been awesome so far with LRF's auto uploading one.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My HTPC is "the net" :)
It's also acting as a php server. So your last request won't be done, not in the scope for now.
The rest I'll think about.

nothe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @all,

give it a Date when MovingPicture Suports Remote Databases?

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey Joz, just tried your link, but all I get is a login-dialogue. Is it password protected?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom