ffdshow upscale + TV + DVD @ 1366x768 (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    FlipGer, 2 words:

GREAT GUIDE !!!

As a code/filter n00b i've been trying and trying for weeks to improve image quality. Today i found out that the Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7) gives me way better quality on TV then the MPV Decoder Filter. Finally my scrollbars (especially RTL7 for the dutchies) are cristal clear now and no blurring. With the help of the guide the quality even got better.

My Plasma is limited to 1024x768 resolution :( but with resize & aspect @ 2048x1536 it looks nearly like HD quality.

TNX again and maybe there should be a good codec/filter guide in the wiki section for all of us trying to improve image quality within MP. Job well done!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also have the same problem with zoom / stretch when using ffdshow resize. Zoom & stretch etc work fine when not using postprocessing. I have ffdshow set to keep aspect ratio. Im using ffdshow tryouts, downloaded a couple of weeks ago - can anyone recommend a better version perhaps?
    Any suggestions appreciated, as ffdshow has really improved the quality of the picture!
    Thanks

Just did a new install today with the RC1 version and a clean OS on my system and i ran into the same problems while using ffdshow to resize (2x tv resolution) the resolution.

Postprocessing

When you select "No aspect ratio correction" on the button of the above screen the stretch function will work.

Hardcell

November 11, 2007
    Hi,

double screen resolution.

The settings look OK. You can always change the zoom mode within MP while playback to check what suits you best. Just hit S or blue button while playback.

Flip.

I have a question about the screen resolution. Should I double the resolution of the lcd tv or the output signal of the htpc. My tv has a resolution of 1366x768 but doesn't accept this resolution over hdmi (nor 1360x768). Max 1280x720 is accepted. So should I resize to 2732x1536 or 1560x1440 for best quality?

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can someone give me few tips to configurate ffdshow? better, post the ffshow-config.

i ve problems to use ffdshow -> high cpu, deinterlace etc
    i hope my system is enough for ffdshow.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom