ffdshow upscale + TV + DVD @ 1366x768 (1 Viewer)

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

because you are building an illegal direct show graph, if you are using "ffdshow video decoder". As the name says this filter "decodes" the media stream. It replaces your original mpeg decoder, which you have chosen in MP settings.

See attached screenshots. I am using the nVidia mpeg2 decoder for TV and DVD. If I add "ffdshow video decoder" it is not used as postprocessor, instead it replaces the nVidia decoder. The "ffdshow raw filter" is really a postprocessor. It is added after nVidia has decoded the media stream.

You can use the "ffdshow video decoder" as mpeg2 decoder within the MP setting. This way you do not need to add the raw filter as postprocessor.

HTH,
    Flip.

Hi Flip,
    how do you get this graph whit Mediaportal??
    I downloaded graphedit, and after ............ ?
    Thanks
    massimo
    ===================================================================
    UPDATE
    OK, sorry.
    I read your post.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Hi,

double screen resolution.

The settings look OK. You can always change the zoom mode within MP while playback to check what suits you best. Just hit S or blue button while playback.

Flip.

If Resize & Aspect is activated on ffdshow the Stretch Zoom functionality doesn't work anymore...
    Is this for you too or it is only a my problem?

fanoI

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

If Resize & Aspect is activated on ffdshow the Stretch Zoom functionality doesn't work anymore...
    Is this for you too or it is only a my problem?

What happens instead?
    Does it happen for all files / sections? (avi,mpeg,DVD,TVT)
    Did you set the correct values in the aspect ratio settings of ffdshwo? (keep original aspect ratio)

I have no problems regarding "Strech Zoom". But had it once with an older version of ffdshwo, which version are you using?

Flip.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Nothings happens if I press stretch zoom the image remains the same... the other zoom modes work
    (zoom, letterbox, pan & scan...).
    I've tried on Video & Tv section it's the same... no stretch!

Ffdshow has "keep original aspect ratio" flagged, the only way to use the strech zoom is not to use the ffdshow's resize
    functionality... losing all advantages to use this great codec/filter :oops:

If strech mode works for you maybe is a bug of my ffdshow version,
    tonight I'll try to upgrade and see if it works.

fanoI

Javichu1984

Portal Member
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    How is it possible.....

I follow the guide and with the new settimgs for up-scaling, the dvd quality is worst than the original!!!

I had selected the resolution 1920x1080, and everything down this resolution, to be up-scaled.....

But the quality is really poor?

What could be the problem???

Thank you a lot!!!

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Yesterday I've played with my codecs and I don't-know-what-I-have-done but... the audio wasn't played anymore
    (ffdshow audio didn't appears on tray, too) so I've uninstalled the old and installed the last version... and
    ffdshow audio works again... but the stretch funcionality continues to not work :confused:

fanoI

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    yes, you can use the 'preset autoload functions' and select mpeg2video (on decoder match) as condition for autoload your upscale profile.

regards,

odin318

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2006
    yes, you can use the 'preset autoload functions' and select mpeg2video (on decoder match) as condition for autoload your upscale profile.

regards,

I did this, but the preset never autoloads for me, and I have "autoload" checked. Does anyone else use this feature?

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    it works fine, you must have at least two presets, one for not upscaling and another one for DVD upscaling with autoload condition. The main preset (not upscaling) should be the default one.

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom