FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping (5 Viewers)

Merlyn

Portal Pro
July 8, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping

I think i will try this scraper because the OFDB Scraper has some issues in the last weeks for mee, because only parts of the movies i add new are found.

Thanks for youre work.

You're welcome. Let me know how it works for you. Dont hesitate to post any issues, should you experience any!

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping

Merlyn so far really good work. The informations are really good. The next days will show, how it is doing while using on my htpc.

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Whats the best way testing this here if i want to Update my whole Moving Pictures Database?

Backing up the database file and then sending all my movies back to the importer?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping

Whats the best way testing this here if i want to Update my whole Moving Pictures Database?

Backing up the database file and then sending all my movies back to the importer?

I have done it in this way! Turn off all other scrapers in Moving Pictures config! For me FilmInfo+ ist the best working scraper!

Best regards

helios

Merlyn

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

During development I usually deleted the movingpictures database file, then started the plugin anew. Of course this would remove all customs settings you have made.

To get all your movies back into the importer the fastest way would be to just remove all you import paths, wait til the plugin has removed the movies from the database and then add the import paths again.

And in my case i will also need to aktivate the XBMC XML Scraper, because i have some documentaries which want show up in any database.

I have no experience with XBMC Scraper as I have never used XBMC so I cant say anything as of what will happen. If dont bother I would appreciate if you post the results. :)

CandyAndy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2008
    Darmstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Merlyn,

Some films have english text in summary.
    example:

Arc - Underworld Gangster (2006) tt0756618
    Blown Apart (2008) tt0984200
    Detective Dee und das Geheimnis der Phantomflammen (2010) tt1123373
    I Come with the Rain (2008) tt1024744
    etc.

I know, because there is no text in ofdb.
    I take the alternative text here.

Is it possible after the normal search, this page or any other side for further search.
    My reflection:
    After the first scan we know the title of the movie, then we give the title as a criterion in the searchmask
    And we have the German text :)
    okay it sounds simplistic, but as a valuable extension of a consideration.
    (okay es hört sich simpel an, als Erweiterung aber eine Überlegung wert)
    :oops: I still need to improve my English :(

Merlyn

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks CandyAndy!

In general it should be no problem to get further info from others sites as long as they provide a method to directly access the correct movie details page. If you have a website, that allows to search for the movie by imdb id I'm willing to include it in the scraper.

It gets problematic however if a full movie search by title or other info has to be committed as then the whole scraping process starts anew. Of course this could still be done but it would greatly increase the time the average scraping takes. And then there's no guarantee, that the second or third website we scrape has the desired information and we have to ask how many websites should be searched until we are satisfied with the results? For how many movies is this really necessary? video.de for instance does not seem to have a usable search engine. It is necessary to be able to search for the movie by imdb id as searching by movie title only would in most cases yield more than one result which would make it necessary to analyze the search results. It would just take too long.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That site you linked to actually showed at the bottom that it got its info from video.de website. So might be better to go straight to the source then.

video.de | Videofilm | Detective Dee und das Geheimnis der Phantomflammen

The problem is that in order to get that page, you have to rely on the video.de search engine to give you the right movie. It offers no way to get a 100% guaranteed match by searching for the IMDb tt-ID, so you are left with a fuzzy match based on title+year.

They do not even support year, so you are left with just the title such as:

video.de | Suchergebnis zu "Detective Dee und das Geheimnis der Phantomflammen"

This works fine for this movie in question, but what about if you have a movie that shares the same title but was made in a different year?

Now you can somewhat compensate for that with the scraper by scraping the end result page, as it has the '2010' year information on there, but you are then adding a lot of pressure on the scraper to do additional lookups that might not be 100% accurate.

So it will be up to Merlyn if he wants to do all the extra work with possability of bad data.

CandyAndy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2008
    Darmstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks for the reply.

The argument is plausible for me, it was just a thought from me.

I am satisfied with how it runs now. But ideas should pronounce, my philosophy is kaizen.
    "change for the better".
    Only if it's worth, in this case I can edit the few films manual.

:) until there is better :)

CandyAndy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom