FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping (5 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Gawd feel stoopid, I overlooked one tiny RegExp part that checks to see if it is an IMDb search result page that is being looked at.

Attached is v1.1.2, which should work :)

(Grab v1.1.4+ in 1st post or futher down this thread)

Last edited:

alpinestars

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Gawd feel stoopid, I overlooked one tiny RegExp part that checks to see if it is an IMDb search result page that is being looked at.

Attached is v1.1.2, which should work :)

Perfect, it worked!

I tried the following movies:
    10,000 BC (2008).mkv --> OK
    13 (2010).mkv --> Could not find any entry matching
    25 Stunden (2002).mkv --> OK
    28 Days Later (2002).mkv --> OK
    28 Weeks Later (2007).mkv --> OK
    A History of Violence (2005).mkv --> OK
    Agora - Die Säulen des Himmels (2009).mkv --> Had to use "Agora" only to find the appropriate movie

@RoChess: Thanks a lot for your work!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Perfect, it worked!

13 (2010).mkv --> Could not find any entry matching
    Agora - Die Säulen des Himmels (2009).mkv --> Had to use "Agora" only to find the appropriate movie

Thanks for giving me the list of titles that worked/failed.

Found out that FilmInfo+ only processes a small amount of titles when results are found. The movie "13 (2010)" comes up like 21st on the list and therefore is not 'found'. The other title actually fails on the conversion of 'ä' by the new IMDb search system. Turns out they support UTF-8 now, so had to adjust the conversion of strings (same problem for IMDb+ so thanks for allowing me to catch that)

So both filenames should work now with the attached v1.1.3 (please verify).

(Grab v1.1.4+ in 1st post or futher down this thread)

Last edited:

alpinestars

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks again! Now it seems to work "vice versa" ;-)

"13" and "Agora" are now detected, but not the others that worked before.

movingpictures.log shows:
    11-Dec-2012 13:25:00 Error [ ScraperNode]: Scraper Script XPATH parsing failed: Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden.
    11-Dec-2012 13:25:03 Error [ ScraperNode]: Scraper Script XPATH parsing failed: Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden.

Attachments

• movpic_01.jpg
      movpic_01.jpg
      106.8 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

11-Dec-2012 13:25:00 Error [ ScraperNode]: Scraper Script XPATH parsing failed: Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden.
    11-Dec-2012 13:25:03 Error [ ScraperNode]: Scraper Script XPATH parsing failed: Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden.

That error should not be caused by what I changed between v1.1.2 and v1.1.3 though. Did you make any changes to the scraper-script (to adjust custom settings) and make a mistake? Or are any of the other files in use (rename XML file at "C:\FilmInfo+ Special Movies.xml", etc) malformed?

Copy and paste the contents of all your files into the box at: http://www.w3schools.com/Dom/dom_validate.asp

And verify that none of them show any error.

The only other explanation I can think off is that the IMDb tt-ID to OFDb ID lookup failed at one of the mirror sites, as XPATHs are used there as well to look for a match. I would have to add a bunch of additional code to the FilmInfo+ scraper-script then to account for every possible failure scenario. Try it one more time later with v1.1.3 as it might have been just an issue with the mirrors.

alpinestars

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That error should not be caused by what I changed between v1.1.2 and v1.1.3 though. Did you make any changes to the scraper-script (to adjust custom settings) and make a mistake? Or are any of the other files in use (rename XML file at "C:\FilmInfo+ Special Movies.xml", etc) malformed?

Copy and paste the contents of all your files into the box at: http://www.w3schools.com/Dom/dom_validate.asp

And verify that none of them show any error.

The only other explanation I can think off is that the IMDb tt-ID to OFDb ID lookup failed at one of the mirror sites, as XPATHs are used there as well to look for a match. I would have to add a bunch of additional code to the FilmInfo+ scraper-script then to account for every possible failure scenario. Try it one more time later with v1.1.3 as it might have been just an issue with the mirrors.

Really strange, I reopened the configuration of MovingPictures and MovPic immediately found the remaining movies. I am just using the untouched FimInfo+ script (v1.1.3), nothing else.

I will try further movies ...[DOUBLEPOST=1355232034][/DOUBLEPOST]I tried several other movies with correct results (100%). I just noticed that sometimes the summary is presented in English ...

GREAT work!!! Thanks a lot!!!

alpinestars

Attachments

• movpic_02.jpg
      movpic_02.jpg
      138.5 KB
    • movpic_03.jpg
      movpic_03.jpg
      95.2 KB
    • movpic_04.jpg
      movpic_04.jpg
      225.8 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Really strange, I reopened the configuration of MovingPictures and MovPic immediately found the remaining movies. I am just using the untouched FimInfo+ script (v1.1.3), nothing else.

I will try further movies ...

I tried several other movies with correct results (100%). I just noticed that sometimes the summary is presented in English ...

Ok, so it was indeed the OFDb mirror based IMDb tt-ID lookup. There is nothing I can do about that, except add some additional info to the log file to explain what is going on.

As for summary in English, I did not look at that part of the scraper-script. My guess is that when no German one exists, the English one is used to at least give you something. If you can verify that OFDb or IMDb.de does contain a German summary, then I can look into fixing things.

alpinestars

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I will try further movies ...

I tried several other movies with correct results (100%). I just noticed that sometimes the summary is presented in English ...

Ok, so it was indeed the OFDb mirror based IMDb tt-ID lookup. There is nothing I can do about that, except add some additional info to the log file to explain what is going on.

As for summary in English, I did not look at that part of the scraper-script. My guess is that when no German one exists, the English one is used to at least give you something. If you can verify that OFDb or IMDb.de does contain a German summary, then I can look into fixing things.

Yes, Merlyn explained on 1st page that english summary will be chosen if there is no German one.

As an example:

"Aliens - Die Rückkehr (1986).mkv" is correctly detected as "Aliens (1986)"

On both German pages are German summaries, but unfortunately I only see the English one in MovPic.
    http://www.ofdb.de/plot/3,277952,Aliens---Die-Rückkehr
    http://www.imdb.de/title/tt0090605/plotsummary

Attachments

• movpic_05.jpg
      movpic_05.jpg
      201.1 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    "Aliens - Die Rückkehr (1986).mkv" is correctly detected as "Aliens (1986)"

On both German pages are German summaries, but unfortunately I only see the English one in MovPic.
    http://www.ofdb.de/plot/3,277952,Aliens---Die-Rückkehr
    http://www.imdb.de/title/tt0090605/plotsummary

Ok, I do not have the time right now to fix those type of problems, as they consume much more time (Regular Expressions can be scary) and I only have little breaks during work when waiting on things to finish running or while on hold with phonecalls.

Please remind me on the weekend and I will have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom