FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping (4 Viewers)

alpinestars

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    RoChess,

I think you helped a lot, thanks for this! The remaining points can be fixed later on.

Have a nice day!

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    RoChess,
    I Have Test 1.1.2 and 1.1.3

In 1.1.3 find many, many results , some little Problems with the year.
    But its work very very good,
    Thanks for your good work

Here some Sample:

Folder: 96hours-720p
    File Name: d-96hours-720p.mkv
    Wrong Search Result with 1.12 : Der Hüter des Lichts (as " #SE##E'" (2012)
    Wrong Search Result with 1.1.3 48Hhrs. (1992)

Folder: Freitag der 13. Teil 1, Remake, 2009 (1080p)
    Filename: dfd-freitag.der.13-1080p.mkv
    Search Result: NONE

Folder: W.Bogenr Ski to the max
    Filename: max.wmv
    Search Result : NONE Correct Result ist SKi to the max

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    RoChess,
    I Have Test 1.1.2 and 1.1.3

In 1.1.3 find many, many results , some little Problems with the year.
    But its work very very good,
    Thanks for your good work

Here some Sample:

Folder: 96hours-720p
    File Name: d-96hours-720p.mkv
    Wrong Search Result with 1.12 : Der Hüter des Lichts (as " #SE##E'" (2012)
    Wrong Search Result with 1.1.3 48Hhrs. (1992)

Folder: Freitag der 13. Teil 1, Remake, 2009 (1080p)
    Filename: dfd-freitag.der.13-1080p.mkv
    Search Result: NONE

Folder: W.Bogenr Ski to the max
    Filename: max.wmv
    Search Result : NONE Correct Result ist SKi to the max

You would need to update the noise filter then for those. Stripping out "d-" and "dfd-" from the start of the filename, as the default noise filter expects those type of 'scene' tags to be at the end. It is also possible to adapt the scraper-script to use the foldername to assist in searches (there is even a MovPic config to prefer foldernames to look for title).

Are you running with foldername preferred setting in MovPic? You might get better results then, as "-720p" and such will then be filtered out (might need custom changes to also filter out "(1080p)" though. This is where the binocular icon comes into play inside MovPic config, to see what title MovPic ended up with, or you can look at movingpictures.log (debug mode might be needed).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Some new bugs found by others, so copied the changes I made to IMDb+ over to FilmInfo+.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• FilmInfo+ v1.1.4.xml
      55.6 KB
    D

DM105165

Hello, first of all thanks for your work you put in.

When I take your version 1.1.4 and use it it finds the movies. So the error from 1.0.9 is gone.
    Now my problem. I use Filminfo+ because it is the best way to find the movies in german. IMDB+ has them in englih alot of times.
    And that is the same issue for me now. I feared that allready when I saw that you edited stuff from IMdB+ into it.

Anyone else having that problem?

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I see it in the code RoChess only updated the search part. The part where the scraper get the details (title, summary, ...) remained unchanged.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Somebody else indeed reported that FilmInfo+ is unable to find the German summary/etc. It then most likely falls back to English to at least show something (probably a setting as well). I did not change any of that, only fixed the search-node to locate movies that was broken by the changes IMDb website did.

I will be able to have a look at the details-node another time (hopefully this weekend) to fix FilmInfo+ on that, or @Merlyn might return before that happens to fix it himself.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @MustangsGM you are welcome, @Merlyn did a nice job by taking my idea on IMDb+ and cater it better to German users. I had plans to add OFDb support to IMDb+, but his work on FilmInfo+ made it easier for me to push that to the side for the time being.

@fischy667, the way I understand it from the FilmInfo+ code, the OFDb system works on a front-end load balancer that sends the request to one of three mirrors. The problem is that not all mirrors are the same. I did a test on "Dark Knight Rises" and found out only one mirror had the correct info. What @Merlyn did was to skip the load balancer and go straight for the mirrors himself in a pre-set order and when no results are found move to the next.

This puts a heavy load on the first mirror he picked, which might have compounded to the problem of the mirror not being able to keep up. This eventually breaks the whole OFDb system. What he should have done is randomize the 3 mirrors in his own script, so he can still check them all in order (the load balancer can for example give you 3x the same one in a row without any results), but that from one movie to the next (or between different users) all the mirrors get a fair load.

Of course that is easier said then done, because scraper-scripts are not exactly designed to do all that type of complex logic. Then again I've pushed IMDb+ into some extreme corners, so maybe I can come up with some type of solution to make it work. If it comes down to it, I can create a script on my own web-server that works around the problem, the same way I did for the Dutch language part of IMDb+.

This all takes time, so please bear with me as I'll try to find an opening in my current hectic schedule to work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom