FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping (4 Viewers)

hasengrube

Portal Member
July 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Do we have any chance of an Update for this Script? They are severall Issues that i can't get fixed because to dump to change the script.

- No Summary in English if no German Summary available
- Some Strange Genreimport with some Movies like "12 Years a Slave tt2024544" with the Genre "Geschichtenfilm" which is not propper german word and should be "Geschichte"
- Regarding to the Strange Genreimport - Genrereplacement doesn't work @all :(

I tried to Use imdb+ but dont have a chance to get a german title with german description.
Filminfo+ works great with 80 % of the Movies... But the rest is a problem and i don't know how to solve that.

i am desperate :(

hasengrube

Portal Member
July 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
oh... and Limit actors doesn't work too :(
Not that big thing... but makes a Entry "Actors" useless when you have a large collection - you get about 25 Actors / Movie...

Merlyn

Portal Pro
July 8, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I am sorry, I don't use media portal any more and haven't been using it for several years now. That's why I am not maintaining the script anymore.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry to say that i also have stopped the use of MediaPortal. I just have no Time left for this Project. So, there will be no more Updates for the Script from my side.
    Hopefully someone can take over this Part!

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would propose to generate .nfo files for all your movies and series using MKV-Buddy.

If a valid .nfo file is available the XBMC scraper will use this information. I made the switch recently ( I had the .nfo files already for some time) and I have 100% movie and series detection with that approach. Also if you one day want to change to MediaPortal 2 then in this respect you are prepared for this.

MKV-Buddy will be succeeded by Media-buddy where vou will be able to do the same for your audio file collection.

Btw. Kodi makes use of the same .nfo files too so its not a dead end.

Cheers

Blue Max

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm still using MediaPortal, and still supporting IMDb+, and it was initially easy to add German support to IMDb+ when IMDb was still serving imdb.de with localized titles, but they dumped that, moved everything to imdb.com and stopped supporting German titles from what I can see.

Perhaps when a German user visits imdb.com that there is some sort of GeoIP detection going on that will serve them German titles, but that is difficult for me to test residing in America, especially since I've got limited knowledge of the German language to begin with. If anybody can confirm that works, then maybe I can figure some technical solution out.

The way @Merlyn added German support was by taking the concept of IMDb+ and modifying that to rely on a different reference source being FilmInfo, but via a lot of fuzzy search results which require a lot of maintenance.

I'm still maintaining Swedish, Icelandic, and Dutch support in IMDb+, because there are IMDb tt-ID reference sites that allow me to make an easy lookup and obtain the data for those languages, but the collection/series support of IMDb+ is based on a hand-coded XML file that I would need translator help with then to make it functional for other languages.

That file in question = https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/master/Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml

It is easy to maintain the occasional new addition to it, but it would be a monster task to translate that to any other language. If you do that and add the file as a custom XML to IMDb+ then you have immediate support for German locally, but ideally we work together to add it to IMDb+ so that all German users can benefit.

Working on over 2000 entries by yourself is a big task, but if 200 German users work together then it is only 10 items each and done in a short time.

PS: There is also the MovPicNFO plugin to create NFO files for your existing MovingPictures collection if you already did all the title renaming, and adjustments.

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps when a German user visits imdb.com that there is some sort of GeoIP detection going on that will serve them German titles

There are german titles (along with the original title and german release dates for that matter) when visiting from german IP:
    imdb_de.JPG

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @bta489 thanks for reconfirming that. Will have to try a German proxy again from 4proxy.de and see what I can figure out.

Just need to get through this madness at work first.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The actor sraping doesn't work anymore. Something must have been changed.

Maybe someone can fix that? Maybe RoChess?

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    seems its no longer usable, it causes full cpu load when importing or unfortunately fails completely... regrettably the dev seems gone too, it was a damn good scraper for german stuff:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom