FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping (3 Viewers)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay danke für die info. Ich hätte natürlich am liebsten beide Vorteile genutzt. In der Film Beschreibung sollte die Rolle mt angezeigt werden aber nicht wenn ich nach Schauspieler filtere. Das heißt eigentlich müsste es seitens movingpictures noch ein extra Datenbank Feld für "Rolle" geben. Sehe ich das richtig ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Merlyn, you might want to keep an eye on the new MovPic developments. Support for release_date and collections will soon be a permanent feature, and you can already adjust FilmInfo+ to make it work. I've got a test-build download at IMDb+ google code site if you do not compile from SVN, so you can test it yourself. Older Moving-Pictures will just ignore the new additions, so you can already integrate it as I've done with IMDb+.

Merlyn

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @RoChess Thanks for the Headsup. I've had a look at your scraper code. I am not quite sure I get the collections part. It looks as if you pull the category the film is listed in on imdb, yes? I dont get how this helps grouping the movies correctly in MovPic. MovPic 1.5.1 doesnt seem to have these fields in the Movie Manager yet. Also this doesnt seem to be shown in any skin I know. Issue 229 doesnt seem to be any closer to be implemented than years back, even though it now has critical priority...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb+ implements it at multiple levels, what you probably looked at was the IMDb Top 250 system I created to add an automatic twist to it. But in short, any movie that belongs to a series, you set the movie.collections value on, for example "The Twilight Saga". So you can just re-use the data you use from TMDb to generate your titles, just strip them from any additional markers you use to uniquely identiy each movie, so it becomes a "movie collection title". For me that is simple, I just strip all the stuff past the Roman numerals, but you could just use the TMDb info as-is. You might not even have to bother adding support at all, because TMDb scraper might compliment the missing data automatic, just not sure if you will be happy with the result, hence the suggestion to look at it now.

What you overlooked to make it work is that MovPic SVN is needed as the current "latest" release does not contain it yet. For that purpose I've put a MovPic test-build up at IMDb+ download section, which supports it, as well as release_date. However to actually "use it", you then still need to manually add a new top menu dynamic category item that uses 'collections'.

It works on all skins, because implementation is done via dynamic category. So if the skin can show 'genres' or any other dynamic category, then it can list "collections". Now for release_date skin support modifications will have to be made, but I'm sure those will be added when next MovPic hits the street. At least you can prep your scraper for it.

This is first step for Issue 229, once this data is inside the database, then the query to create the "All Movies" list can be adjusted to not list any of the individual movies anymore that have a 'collections' reference, but to list those under their collection reference instead. Well that's my theory anyway, it might take a while before they implement that part, but this is a good start.

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Kann mal jemand schauen ob bei Ihm auch der Filme Lincoln (tt0443272) als Abraham Lincoln Vampirjäger eingetragen wird?
    Das lustige ist, nur der Name, Sort und das Cover sind falsch. Inhaltsangabe etc. stimmen.

Merlyn

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    D

DiBS

Hallo Merlyn,

wollte einfach nur mal Danke für deinen wirklich tollen Scraper sagen. Ich habe bisher gut die Hälfte meiner 1200 Filme damit "gescrapt", die Trefferquote liegt dabei bei 100%. Die restlichen Filme muss ich noch entsprechend umbenennen, dann bin ich durch. Mit am besten gefällt mit die automatische Sortierung von "Filmmehrteilern".

Das Sahnehäuptchen wäre jetzt "nur" noch die Einbindung für MyVideos. ;-)

Danke nochmals, DiBS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom