Finally there's an artist image grabber available! (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    This doesn't affect only artist thumbnails. I've complained about this previously. see this post and recapped elsewhere.
    Since before SVN 16239, the distortion only seems to apply to the larger graphic in "Now Playing". The smaller graphic in the lower left corner of "Playlist" retains the correct aspect ratio. If the box doesn't fit (in my case due to 5:3 screen with 16:9 skin), the margins of the box are filled out in black.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This doesn't affect only artist thumbnails. I've complained about this previously. see this post and recapped elsewhere.

Maybe you haven't stumpled upon while searching but I already wrote instructions how to change the xml file for your personal taste.

Here's a little summary:
    1. Go to your skin's folder
    2. Open MyMusicPlayingNow.xml with a decent UTF8 editor (like Notepad++)
    3. Find the album art image control (<id>112</id>)
    4. Edit its properties to your liking. Possible settings of interest here are (set to true or false):
    - keepaspectratio
    - zoom
    - zoomfromtop
    - fixedheight
    - centered
    5. Save the file
    6. Restart MP to check the difference (repeat the steps until happy with the result).

If some users provide feedback with a better solution than the current settings I'll be happy to add it to svn ;)

Enjoy!

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Maybe you haven't stumpled upon while searching but I already wrote instructions how to change the xml file for your personal taste.

Here's a little summary:
    1. Go to your skin's folder
    2. Open MyMusicPlayingNow.xml with a decent UTF8 editor (like Notepad++)
    3. Find the album art image control (<id>112</id>)
    4. Edit its properties to your liking. Possible settings of interest here are (set to true or false):
    - keepaspectratio
    - zoom
    - zoomfromtop
    - fixedheight
    - centered
    5. Save the file
    6. Restart MP to check the difference (repeat the steps until happy with the result).

If some users provide feedback with a better solution than the current settings I'll be happy to add it to svn ;)

Enjoy!

OK that's nice,

but where do I change the setting for the image seen in the BIG ICON LIST, they still get squashed

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Many thanks, rtv! I searched long and far without coming across this, and even resorted to cross-posting about this issue.
    I would contend that
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    belongs in the default configuration.

P.S.: With the above option the images don't look "stretched" any more. However, the edges are trimmed. Perhaps this is because I am using Blue Two Wide with a 1280x768 display, instead of 1366x768

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rtv,

Great functionality and much better useable than other lookup tools in MP. So I prefer the audioscrobbler version.

Unfortunatly it will not find everything I have. (it omits many Beatles albums, and loads of others). So I wonder, if the prvious lookup (allmusic, I think) could be made fully functional again? I would like to get the music info (F3), it shows some album art, but it is not stored as the album art of the album, due to some db error.

I posted a thread for this, but yet, nobody responded (I will not repeat the logs, here is the thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bug_side_effects_music_db_redesign_album-t30270.html).

* sorry for the x post *

Another thing, is it a little too strict in matching? The overall results are a little disapointing. On my collection I found approx. 25% of the albums. No match for quite obvious thing like Micheal Jacksons "Bad".

Right now it is running the artists, so I will see.

.. I can see now, Artists is much more successfull. At least 80% are found. Great & Thanks!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunatly it will not find everything I have. (it omits many Beatles albums, and loads of others).
    The Beatles may suffer from different tagging: "The Beatles" <-> "Beatles"

Another thing, is it a little too strict in matching? The overall results are a little disapointing. On my collection I found approx. 25% of the albums. No match for quite obvious thing like Micheal Jacksons "Bad".
    Strange since the lookup yields good results: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/album/Michael+Jackson/Bad/info.xml
    How is that album tagged? Could you please check the logs - they should tell about albums that have not been found.

dragonfly

Portal Member
    December 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Works like a charm from what I can see. Great work! :)

EDIT: Although some album art refuses to show up in MP's album list... But that's another issue.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi rtv,

Great functionality and much better useable than other lookup tools in MP. So I prefer the audioscrobbler version.

Unfortunatly it will not find everything I have. (it omits many Beatles albums, and loads of others). So I wonder, if the prvious lookup (allmusic, I think) could be made fully functional again? I would like to get the music info (F3), it shows some album art, but it is not stored as the album art of the album, due to some db error.

I posted a thread for this, but yet, nobody responded (I will not repeat the logs, here is the thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bug_side_effects_music_db_redesign_album-t30270.html).

* sorry for the x post *

Right now it is running the artists, so I will see.

.. I can see now, Artists is much more successfull. At least 80% are found. Great & Thanks!

You should have read the thread before posting it. :)
    i've replied to it and fixed the problem.

Allmusic lookup for Artist / Album is working ok

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi hwarmann.

Yes, reading does help. I did read and it did not register the catch phrase about "corrected with next public svn build".

Next time I will switch on my brain before reading ;-).

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom