Finally there's an artist image grabber available! (1 Viewer)

dragonfly

Portal Member
December 29, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just a little thing which bugs me: I don't want the Audioscrobbler plugin running, so whenever I'm done downloading cover art, I turn it off. When I then reenter Configuration and exit it, I get an error saying there's no password added for the current user and it won't exit until I re-enable the AS plugin, enter it's configuration, re-enter my password and disable it again. Having to do this every time I go into the MP Configuration is kind of annoying... :p

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I am not the best person to react to this, but is there a particular reason you don't want autoscrobbler running as a plugin ?

You can deactivate the scrobble and you can deactive the upload to your profile.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a little thing which bugs me: I don't want the Audioscrobbler plugin running, so whenever I'm done downloading cover art, I turn it off. When I then reenter Configuration and exit it, I get an error saying there's no password added for the current user and it won't exit until I re-enable the AS plugin, enter it's configuration, re-enter my password and disable it again. Having to do this every time I go into the MP Configuration is kind of annoying... :p

The plugin is correct at that state ;)
    However I just added a fix so it does only check and "bugs you" about the missing password if the plugin is enabled. Will be in the next SVN build.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Beatles may suffer from different tagging: "The Beatles" <-> "Beatles"
    It does find some of the Beatles albums I have it does not find others. The artist is allway "Beatles, The".
    Strange since the lookup yields good results: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/album/Michael+Jackson/Bad/info.xml
    How is that album tagged? Could you please check the logs - they should tell about albums that have not been found.

I will check the logs (probably not before tomorrow) and post the relevant parts here.

Thanks again

hujon

October 21, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a quick question/feature request.

The plugin works perfect for me, even though it does not find all of the artwork (which is due to my way of tagging my files).

Since the Audioscrobbler plugin nicely displays which artists/albums it couldn't grab a .jpg for, would it be possible to copy/export the info somehow?

Thanks!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since the Audioscrobbler plugin nicely displays which artists/albums it couldn't grab a .jpg for, would it be possible to copy/export the info somehow?
    Exports usually are only useful if they can be processed by some other app - do you think of something specific - or do you just want a list of which items do not yet have cover art?

hujon

October 21, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Actually I would love to just have a list of the items that don't have cover art.
    Format doesn't really matter, I was just wondering if there was a way to capture the data.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom