Finally there's an artist image grabber available! (1 Viewer)

antonehenry

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
i'm trying it for the first time adam,

it keeps freezing on me. kinda driving me insane.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey RTV... Not to sound daft but can this be automated.. For instance, if I add some new music to my library I'd rather this process just do a search in the early hours of the morning for the artist artwork rather than having to access the backend. I mean for the less technical don't you want function like this to be completely hidden. Improve on user experience and all.

Any way, I take it I'm just missing something here. Thanks

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
mortstar figured out why artist images were'nt being downloaded, because i had the box ticked to not search the web for artwork in the music section of configuration. just in case anyone else was having the same problem.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think you misunderstand me... Using your software you can grab artist images from last.fm. This is wonderful, but my only complaint is that every time I add new material to my music collection I have to go to MPConfig-Plugins-Last.FM-Artist Tab-Update.. Could the software not just be automated at 06:00 in the morning to scan the folders for any lacking artwork or monitor directory activity like Thumbnailer..

I mean essentially isn't album art and artist imagery not in the same vane as thumbnails. Why would some one want to go into a backend if such a process can be automated... I don't understand...

Your plugin is brilliant but this just seems odd to me, especially for end-users who might not be as technical as myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom