Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi guys.

dont know if i am writing in the right threat but i have a ip cam in the garden and would like to be able to view the stream inside mediaportal. is tispossible with this plugin?

As it is configured now. no it will not as this is not designed for web streams but IPTV stream. trust they are different after google.

You Probably could get it going by having something like VLC transcode and resend the stream so the IPTV patch could pick it up. This would bump the CPU utilisation up a fair bit though so I don't think it is the ideal solution.

I have been waiting for a solution like this also but with no real great success story to tell yet. Still trying though.

Andreas26

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi charli,

can u tell me how i get the stream in vlc.......tried a couple things but nothing worked......also google didnt help. i even dont know if the cam got the right protocolls fot use with vlc. for now we use ip view pro to controll the cam but id really like to use it with vlc

any idea?

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    what is your Ip cam manufacture name and model. I am assuming this can be access by using a http url of some sort.

I will try this in my setup over the next couple of days and get back to you. The latest version of VLC seems to have a lot more settings than I remember. It is a complex setup and not for the faint hearted......

Andreas26

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    its an elro c800ip.......ip44 cam.

yes it can be accessed by http........ activ x video or java video.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    well not too sure then.just did a quick search in google to find not much in the way of your cam info, but the idea here is to connect to the stream without any active x/ java. You could try the url specified within VLC under "File\Network Stream" to see if you get something but I doubt it. You somehow need to find out the exact URL of the stream itself and not the webpage it is served from. Alot of work to get it working if you can't even view it in VLC to start with.

This may be a lost cause for now....

Andreas26

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just found a sw that can connect to cam and transform it to a stream that mediaplayer can open. tried to open it in mp......but mp sais no free tv card???!!! The Sw is called VisionGS PE......in free edition it creates a stream for 5 minutes.....

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    that is what VLC will do...problem is that your camera will have a particular url to enter to get to the raw stream which VLC can then transcode. this url will be very hard to find on the net..

it could be something like
    http://username:password@ipaddress/img/video.asf

this url example was for a dlink ip camera...

the only thing I could think of tho get the url would be packet sniffing to see what is going on and if you don't know how to do this, I would not go any further until somestarts to develop a plugin for your requirements.

sput

September 10, 2008
    Zaragoza
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    for info only

The New build for TV Server 1.0 also works with MediaPortal 1.0 under Windows 7 beta, Tested with "Imagenio" H264 stream. :D

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    The New build for TV Server 1.0 also works with MediaPortal 1.0 under Windows 7 beta, Tested with "Imagenio" H264 stream. :D

good to know :D

lisnam

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Moscow
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello lisnam,

I tested your TS and found some interesting things:

this TS file is corrupted. So, it is not a bug when TSReader report problems. Every TS analyzer program I used reported the same problem. It seems that TSReader is more strict when reading TS than others demultiplexers like Elecard or Cyberlink. When you rename file to mpeg, Elecard or Cyberlink demultiplexer is used and everything is fine. But when TSReader is used, it report errors and playback is corrupted. I cannot play it in VLC too.

If your TS example is saved directly from NWSource and it is corrupted, the problem is in your provider because it broadcast corrupted TS. This is why all other providers are working fine.

I don't think someone from MediaPortal team will fix TSReader to handle your TS because it is corrupted. But, when IPTV became official part of TVServer, I will report this problem to the team

Hello mikeyko!
    Thanks for your report!
    Yes, my TS example is saved directly from NWSource. Anyway it is a problem with mediaportal (even through TS stream is corrupt), because VLC, ProgDVB and WMP play IPTV without any problem. Can you tell me which program you are using to analyse TS stream? I will prepare a bug report for Corbina provider. By the way when IPTV will be a part of Mediaportal?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom