Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hojou

Portal Pro
January 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Sorry for so many posts, but: have anyone EPG with iptv channels working? Or it is not working only for me?

I have it working with webepg only - also as of last week my iptv doesn't work anymore (and i didn't update mp/your plugin in half a year or something?)

Smolder

Portal Member
April 7, 2009
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
i tried to watch a problematic channels in Graphedit it canot render it but also tried IPTVTransEdit to analyse the ts stream and yes ther are multiple video and subtitle tracks, but what to do about it ?

attached file is an analyse of a problematic channels that VLC and IPTVTransEdit can play

<Descriptor HValue="0x53" Name="CA Identifier">
<CASystemID HValue="0x90F" Name="VIDEOGUARD"/>
<CASystemID HValue="0x93E" Name="VIDEOGUARD"/>
</Descriptor>

So stream contains information that it is encrypted with Videoguard, maybe this is a problem. Can you post somewhere some TS example?

Here is a capture of a problematic channel :D

Hey mikeyko

I did as you said and posted a TS file did you look at it and did you find somthing ??
I hope the program i send you did some good for you ;)

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Just wanted to thank you for everything in this thread, I now have my IPTV running in MP - everything's working great, recording ,timeshifting, etc and zapping speed is brilliant! Only thing not working in my IPTV setup is EPG grabbing (it's probably not in the stream), but xmltv works fine for me...

Thank you so much for your efforts :)

/Christian

Looks like I was a little too fast in concluding that everything is working perfect.. I seem to have some stuttering going on, like hickups in the picture every fifth second, the strange thing is that this only appears on a few channels, most of them work fine, but a handful is stuttering (and sadly, they're some of the channels I see the most :( )

I've tried 3 different mpeg-2 codecs (nero, mpc and elecard) with the same result...
The streams work fine in VLC/VideoLan, so it's not the stream, the PC or the connection that's broken, so I've concluded it must be somewhere inside MP -- has anyone experienced this problem as well?

EDIT: I defragged my drive, it was quick heavily fragmented, this helped quite a lot, no more stuttering here :)

/Christian

stevierayg

April 23, 2009
Just downloaded the latest 1.0.1 clean install. Downloaded the 1.0.1 version of DVB-IP Elecard NWSource-Plus. I have a seperate TV Server and Media Portal Client. I copied the DVB-IP modified files to both locations.

The first problem I came across was that I needed to disable windows firewall before I could actual scan for channels. Then the channel scanning went great.

Now I have been able to successfully record those channels. I can play these recordings back if I copy them into my videos folder and browse to them using "My Videos" instead of "My TV". When I try to play them through "My TV" "Recorded TV", I get audio with no video. I'm going to try changing the codecs used for Television in MediaPortal Configuration.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

lisnam

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi lisnam, I had a similar problem after release of 1.0.1 and after browsing MP forum I found solution in this link concerning TS reader and H264 decoding https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/solution-bug-0002069-a-57497/

You can try this, but also there was some problem with changing channel after which I got only blank screen, so I change some code in new source for IPTVSolution for 1.0.1.(TvCardDVBIP.cs,TvCardDVBIPBuiltIn.cs,TvCardDVBIPElecard.cs files) and after that everything works perfect like it should.

Also I use MPC audio and PowerDVD9 H264 codec not CoreAVC because I found it perfect for IPTV.

Deda thanks a lot, but it doesn’t work for me :(
Mikeyko, any comments to my log files?

tsreader is reporting discontinuity errors. I saw interesting option in Mediaportal configuration to disable dropping TSReader packets. Try to find it, when I will be at home I can post you screenshot

Hello Mikeyko!
I have disabled dropping TSReader packets, but the picture quality is too bed. I am want to say, that Dvbsbridge is working fine with Mediaportal, it means that the problem with freezing is in the server part. By the way, then you IPTV plug-in will be a part of Mediaportal?

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hey mikeyko

I did as you said and posted a TS file did you look at it and did you find somthing ??
    I hope the program i send you did some good for you ;)

I suspect TSWriter. This filter is responsible to tell TVServer that stream is not scrambled. More testing / debugging needed, because I don't know TSWriter code

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just for info,
    before few days my almost all IPTV channels died suddenly (they look like scrambled), so after few consulting with local news group for IPTV I found that our provider switched from udp to rtp protocol.
    So I changed all unwatchable channels from m2t/udp to m2t/rtp and everything is fine now.

I also noticed within Elecard folder(in ..\Program Files\Common Files\Elecard) one xml file for NWSourcePlus filter (inside was some guids and profiles definitions) . I just rename the xml extension to see what will happen.

On my surprise, everything went well (to be honest, perfect). I also copied your original solution with default tsreader/writer from MP and everything is fine (not any problem now).

Switching channels is 2-3 sec max from anywhere, no freezing after fast switching, Teletext is fine, TVGuide, recordings...

My wife salutes you Mikeyko :). Finally I can throw away STB and it's terrible interface and picture :).

P.S.
    My IPTV stream is all in H264 so you can put in 1st post that your solution works perfect also with H264 (I'am using CyberlinkH264/AVC PDVD9 decoder with MPC Audio)

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Deda, great to hear that things are working for you. I have opposite problem than Smolder, my provider changed something and all scrambled channels are reported as unscrambled by TSWriter and MDAPI decoder is not called...

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    He he, thats why PC environment is always interesting. Finally when you think that something is OK, there is something else waiting behind the corner lol.

Btw, do you use some kind of PC Decoder card for MDAPI or there is some kind of software decoder outside MP?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom