Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I'm having a problem with this plugin for 1.0.2 - whenever I start up MediaPortal, the splash screen stalls at "Waiting for startup of TV Service" for 2-3 minutes, I can't really figure out what's wrong, I've attached the logs from MP and the tv server, hoping for someone can help me out..
    This hasn't happened before, 1.0.1 worked fine..

Oh, and as soon as MediaPortal HAS actually started, everything works great, although there's a small delay when opening my TV which As far as I remember, wasn't present in 1.0.1...

Any help is appreciated...

/Christian

Connection to DB failed, run setuptv.exe

Smolder

Portal Member
    April 7, 2009
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi it's me again

Real life in the way of my MP dream byt yesteday I had a few hours
    to myself so i did a fresh install of XP (ghost) and Mp 1.0.2 + iptv_102

Same resoult some channels work some don't and they are reported at as scrambled
    THEY ARE NOT but I have multiple video/audio tracks in ts stream and audio for
    other countries are scrambled........so until i can pick the video/audio/subs PID
    in the ts stream I cant use MP :(

Thanks for update. Although I'm not using this yet, I believe this "plugin"will be of major importance in the future.

Any news regarding a free UDP filter?

ill second that

Smolder still hoping

Smolder

Portal Member
    April 7, 2009
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for update. Although I'm not using this yet, I believe this "plugin"will be of major importance in the future.

Any news regarding a free UDP filter?

ill second that

Smolder still hoping

Source filter change will not help you for sure, TSWriter filter is the key

So who do i talk to ? im shure im not the only one that wants to be able to pick the PID's from the ts stream that i want to use.

On a side note mikeyko

Ther is a pice of software out ther that can encode the EPG into the media stream that MP receives by selecting an XML file with all the channel guide info in it....

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    OK guys, here it is: MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter, currently supporting UDP unicast/multicast transport. RTP is currently not supported

URL format:

udp://[interface_ip]@stream_ip:port

Register filter:
    regsvr32 mpiptvsource.ax

Unregister filter:
    regsvr32 /u mpiptvsource.ax

Under Vista, registration must be performed under administrator privileges

After registration, restart TVServer, modify .m3u files to new URL format and rescan channels

Please, test this filter on test machines to avoid breaking something on your production setups

You can download it from first post (iptv_filter.zip)

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK guys, here it is: MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter, currently supporting UDP unicast/multicast transport. RTP is currently not supported

Very, very nice plugin I must say! Im actually leaning towards switching from Windows Media Center because of this (and the separation of client and server in MP) :D

Just to clarify - is the source filter meant to replace the elecard decoder?

Thanks again!
    /Victor

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Just to clarify - is the source filter meant to replace the elecard decoder?

Thanks again!
    /Victor

yes, unregister Elecard and register this filter, currently only for raw UDP

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

URL format:

udp://[interface_ip]@stream_ip:port

Register filter:
    regsvr32 mpiptvsource.ax

Unregister filter:
    regsvr32 /u mpiptvsource.ax

Under Vista, registration must be performed under administrator privileges

After registration, restart TVServer, modify .m3u files to new URL format and rescan channels

Please, test this filter on test machines to avoid breaking something on your production setups

You can download it from first post (iptv_filter.zip)
    This is a huge step forwards. :)

How about web-streams support? *hides*

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    One more question... Is recording supposed to be working with the new filter? For me, it is not... Timeshifting and watching does, however. Unfortunately I just installed MediaPortal, so I dont really know if recording works with a normal broadcast. If it works for everyone else I suppose I have other problems (such as using Windows 7...)

Any thoughts?
    /Victor

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    One more question... Is recording supposed to be working with the new filter? For me, it is not... Timeshifting and watching does, however. Unfortunately I just installed MediaPortal, so I dont really know if recording works with a normal broadcast. If it works for everyone else I suppose I have other problems (such as using Windows 7...)
    Windows7 is NOT supported in MediaPortal 1.0.2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom