Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi!!!
    Thank you SweVictor for your help. The thing is that I tryed that before but I get an error saying: 'SetupTV Stopped Working'. TVServer gets stopped too with this error. I tryed as follows:
    1)
    udp://@239.0.0.1:8208
    2)
    #EXTINF:2,TVE 2
    udp://@239.0.0.2:8208
    3)
    #EXTINF:3,ANTENA 3
    udp://10.89.45.19@239.0.0.3:8208

The only way I got it to work without an error was number 1 but then... all channels are stored under just one. By looking into the address field of the channel you can see all different addresses that had been detected but just the last one works. So 72 detected but only 1 in the list but with 72 different addresses.

Weird huh? :confused:

I looked into the code and I saw that the filter only gets the address from the list ignoring any other property. Am I right?

Anyway this filter is wonderful and Mikeyko is doing an amazing job.

Thanks

Try this:

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,TVE 2
    #EXTINF:0,ANTENA 3

and so on

in distribution you have one example, just change channel names and urls

kisho

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Mikeyko. I did try with 0 before the channel name like you said. In fact first time I tryed I did a copy/paste of the example. I get the error anyway. :-(

I have installed Mediaportal1.02

If it doesn't happen to you then I'll reinstall Mediaportal and try to find out what is going on. I'm having weird database problems with version 1.02. May be that....

Thanks

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!!!
    I tryed as follows:
    1)
    2)
    3)

Edit... For some reason me updating the page didnt show the last two messages before this one... So I suppose it wont work anyway...

Uhm... Is that the actual content of your .m3u file? If so it's not that strange that it doesnt work I suppose? Or did I get you wrong? I suppose it should work if you input exacty this:

#EXTM3U
    udp://@239.0.0.3:8208

into the .mpu file. No 1) or 2) or different formats in the same file. But maybe I got you wrong.

Also, of course, you have to be able to view udp://@239.0.0.2:8208 and udp://@239.0.0.3:8208 in VLC without problems.

Edit2: I found that a better solution (for me) than to specify the network adapter in the url was to set up a static route to listen to the udp stream through the right adapter. Try this in a command prompt (that is if VLC doesn't show the video either):

route ADD -p 239.0.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 10.89.45.19

(-p is for persistant)

Good luck!

/Victor

junkiepilot

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any ideas how to configure this to work with the dreambox? I have tried DVBS Bridge but the results are not very satisfactory, plus the amount of channels is limited to 156 (dont know why). My dreambox is connected via router on my network, and I am able to stream via vlc to my desktop/notebook. I am sure a tweak in the M3u file is required but I am not sure what to put in there.

My HTPC is @ 192.168.1.100, and my dreambox is at 192.168.1.110.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, not only by me, but by other dreambox users I'm sure.

The stream in vlc is: http://192.168.1.110:31339/0,1045,0258,0259 (for BBC One)

Manuelito

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi!!!
    Thank you SweVictor for your help. The thing is that I tryed that before but I get an error saying: 'SetupTV Stopped Working'. TVServer gets stopped too with this error. I tryed as follows:
    1)
    2)
    3)

The only way I got it to work without an error was number 1 but then... all channels are stored under just one. By looking into the address field of the channel you can see all different addresses that had been detected but just the last one works. So 72 detected but only 1 in the list but with 72 different addresses.

Weird huh? :confused:

I looked into the code and I saw that the filter only gets the address from the list ignoring any other property. Am I right?

Anyway this filter is wonderful and Mikeyko is doing an amazing job.

Thanks
    Hola kisho.

I had the same problems with the list. The format you suggested SweVictor is correct and works, just make sure there is no space at the end of each line.

Espero que te sirva de ayuda. Taluego.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Any ideas how to configure this to work with the dreambox? I have tried DVBS Bridge but the results are not very satisfactory, plus the amount of channels is limited to 156 (dont know why). My dreambox is connected via router on my network, and I am able to stream via vlc to my desktop/notebook. I am sure a tweak in the M3u file is required but I am not sure what to put in there.

My HTPC is @ 192.168.1.100, and my dreambox is at 192.168.1.110.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, not only by me, but by other dreambox users I'm sure.

The stream in vlc is: http://192.168.1.110:31339/0,1045,0258,0259 (for BBC One)

sorry, http streaming is not supported

kisho

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    :eek: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....!!! thank you Manuelito!! That was it! The space at the end of the line. Stupid me. I didn't realize about it.

Muchísimas gracias, tío! :D Te debo una caña! :)

About the recording problem, I found out there is something wrong with my installation because now I can't even program to record DVB-T

And thanks to everyone specially to Mikeyko, Swevictor and Manuelito for your help and patience.

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    mikeyko: what is the reason one has to overwrite parts of the mediaportal directory as well (and not only the tv server one?). reason im asking is that i now tried to setup iptv on my (whs) server (without the mp client part installed) but got a nasty error when trying to open tv server configuration. is the error because of whs or because i have not installed the client part? and - do you think it's fixable? ;) Error message below if you're interested (or anyone else)

iptv_error.PNG

Edit: Well... Hrm... Stupid me... I could attach the real error log instead of the dialog box of the error :oops:

Ah well! :) View attachment 41240

Thanks!
    /Victor

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    mikeyko: what is the reason one has to overwrite parts of the mediaportal directory as well (and not only the tv server one?). reason im asking is that i now tried to setup iptv on my (whs) server (without the mp client part installed) but got a nasty error when trying to open tv server configuration. is the error because of whs or because i have not installed the client part? and - do you think it's fixable? ;) Error message below if you're interested (or anyone else)

View attachment 41239

Edit: Well... Hrm... Stupid me... I could attach the real error log instead of the dialog box of the error :oops:

Ah well! :) View attachment 41240

Thanks!
    /Victor

Your problem is that TVServer is not running. Open Services->TVService and start it
    If you are using TVServer only in this PC, you do not need to install mediaportal client/tvplugin

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmm... It was actually not _that_ bad I'm glad to say. ;) TvService was started. BUT - I tried restarting it and did this time around realize that an error.log entry was created already when starting the service, saying that "tvservice.config" was not found (and a stack trace). When copying "tvservice.exe.config" to "tvservice.config", and restarting tvservice the problem went away and i could actually start tv server config!

Havent had time to try the actual iptv part yet, but at least the tv server setup gui shows up without a problem!

Edit: Realize you couldnt find that problem since i restarted the logs after starting the tv service.

Thanks!
    /Victor

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom