Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweVictor

Portal Member
August 4, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Windows7 is NOT supported in MediaPortal 1.0.2.
Yeah, well... I know that. That does however neither mean that it is not working nor that nobody else is using it. If anybody wants to know, everything for me works flawlessly except for the recording, despite me running Windows 7.
Still, my question stands: Is recording supposed to be working with the new filter? The reason for me asking is that I switched to Windows 7 to try out the new Windows Media Center, but now am leaning towards moving to Media Portal. If I do move, I will go back to Windows Vista if and only if recording is supposed to be working with this new iptv filter and is not working in Windows 7. If recording is not supposed to be working in Vista either, there really is no point in switching for me.
/Victor

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just a off-topic info to avoid further problems for you. :)

In MediaPortal 1.0.2, the TV-Server is not able to tune multiple channels on the same transponder with one TV-Card, IF you use Vista+TV-Pack, or Windows7.
    We fixed that in svn allready, so the next release will be compatible with Vista+TVPack and Win7.

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Okay, thanks a lot! I take it as the problem is with my setup and not with the filter itself (however, I want to point out that I cannot record even if I am not watching any show. nuf about that though!)

On topic again - is there any limit built-into the iptv filter that limits how many channels one can watch at the same time? I mean - on one hand I wouldnt want any limit, but on the other I suppose that the bandwidth (or disks) will max out around 4 concurrent recordings. If possible I suggest to make it possible to set the maximum number of concurrent channels. Hmm... Thinking about it I realise that HD take _a lot_ more bandwidth then others, but pretend I didnt say that ;)

*running to have a look at mediaportals release roadmap* :)
    /Victor

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Okay, thanks a lot! I take it as the problem is with my setup and not with the filter itself (however, I want to point out that I cannot record even if I am not watching any show. nuf about that though!)
    It can still be a issue with the new DirectShow filters provided in this thread.
    I just wanted to explain why Win7 and Vista+TV-Pack are not supported yet. :)

kisho

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Can't make it work :-(

Before saying anything else I just want to express how grateful I am for this amazing work everyone is doing around Mediaportal. Thanks, thanks, thanks!!

I'm trying to set up "imagenio" (an iptv in Spain) and I used Elecard stuff but no success with it. I managed to view all channels but changing channels took up to 20 seconds to get done. I've played around with the configuration but... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any clues?

Anyway I decided to uninstall Eleacard and install the new filter in this forum. (By the way thanks a million Mikeyco) The thing is that I haven't been able to register it. If I do it with administrator permisions I get an error saying that the library couldn't be loaded. If I try with standard user I get a message saying that the library is not compatible with my s.o. problably because of the bits is has been designed for. I have Vista 64bit. Could it be because of that? Is it only for 32 bit?

I would appreciate any help?

Thank you all!

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Before saying anything else I just want to express how grateful I am for this amazing work everyone is doing around Mediaportal. Thanks, thanks, thanks!!
    I'm trying to set up "imagenio" (an iptv in Spain) and I used Elecard stuff but no success with it. I managed to view all channels but changing channels took up to 20 seconds to get done. I've played around with the configuration but... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any clues?
    Anyway I decided to uninstall Eleacard and install the new filter in this forum. (By the way thanks a million Mikeyco) The thing is that I haven't been able to register it. If I do it with administrator permisions I get an error saying that the library couldn't be loaded. If I try with standard user I get a message saying that the library is not compatible with my s.o. problably because of the bits is has been designed for. I have Vista 64bit. Could it be because of that? Is it only for 32 bit?
    Thank you all!

I am using my filter on Vista 64. Do you have latest Visual C++ redistributable installed?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank you all!
    I am using my filter on Vista 64. Do you have latest Visual C++ redistributable installed?
    MediaPortal 1.0.2 should have allready installed the 2005 and 2008 versions.
    But we've seen users in support forums which uninstalled them manually later......

kisho

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    OOOPS!

Daaaahh!!! :oops:
    Stupid me! I just forgot that I needed to insert the full path: regsvr32 C:\windows\system...
    I'm sorry.

Finally I made it work. The performance is awesome. Much better than Eleacard solution. Thank you so much.

I found two 'possible' issues. I say possible because I don't know if its my system or not but... just in case.
    - Channel scan problems (I don't know how to put the channel name in le list so all the channels with the same port get mixed and no sound in a couple of channels. They have sound in VLC).

- If I press i button nothing is shown but it does in DVB-T channels.

- Sometimes you can see just a piece of the screen. I mean that it's showed about a quarter of what should be.(top left). If I change channel I gets allright. If I go from DVB-T channel to IPTV one it happens again. Then change to another iptv channel and allright again.Mmmmm... weird.

Besides all of that I am extremely thankful to you Mikeiko and to Infinityloop for your work and your help.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!!

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Daaaahh!!! :oops:
    I found two 'possible' issues. I say possible because I don't know if its my system or not but... just in case.
    - Channel scan problems (I don't know how to put the channel name in le list so all the channels with the same port get mixed and no sound in a couple of channels. They have sound in VLC).
    - If I press i button nothing is shown but it does in DVB-T channels.
    - Sometimes you can see just a piece of the screen. I mean that it's showed about a quarter of what should be.(top left). If I change channel I gets allright. If I go from DVB-T channel to IPTV one it happens again. Then change to another iptv channel and allright again.Mmmmm... weird.
    Besides all of that I am extremely thankful to you Mikeiko and to Infinityloop for your work and your help.
    THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!!

Hi! Maybe I can help you out a litte. For scanning make an .m3u file with this type of content:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:1,SVT1
    udp://@239.16.16.1:5555
    #EXTINF:2,SVT2
    udp://@239.16.16.2:5555

SVT1 and SVT2 are the channel names, 1 and 2 are their respective position (channel number).

About the sound issue - I had both sound and video problems with some channels, all were codec ones. Check the codec in VLC (ctrl+j) and make sure your choice of TV codec in MediaPortal supports them. Good luck!

And - maybe you can tell me if recording is possible? And if you can watch one channel and record another?

/Victor

kisho

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi!!!
    Thank you SweVictor for your help. The thing is that I tryed that before but I get an error saying: 'SetupTV Stopped Working'. TVServer gets stopped too with this error. I tryed as follows:
    1)
    udp://@239.0.0.1:8208
    2)
    #EXTINF:2,TVE 2
    udp://@239.0.0.2:8208
    3)
    #EXTINF:3,ANTENA 3
    udp://10.89.45.19@239.0.0.3:8208

The only way I got it to work without an error was number 1 but then... all channels are stored under just one. By looking into the address field of the channel you can see all different addresses that had been detected but just the last one works. So 72 detected but only 1 in the list but with 72 different addresses.

Weird huh? :confused:

I looked into the code and I saw that the filter only gets the address from the list ignoring any other property. Am I right?

Anyway this filter is wonderful and Mikeyko is doing an amazing job.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom