Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subigo

Portal Member
November 6, 2008
After the I you fill in the IP adress of your network card that is configured to receive IPTV.

In my case for example I have 2 network cards in my HTPC.
1 has IP 192.168.0.40 for my home network and one has 10.10.59.43 for the IPTV network.
So i would use : elecard://233.81.233.161:10294:i=10.10.59.43:t=m2t/udp

Hope this helps.

Regards, Subi

Tripwire

August 21, 2009
the problem just fixed itself i chose the DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV source and turned off the firewall and it worked :) only now i have to find out what port i need to open to watch tv with the firewall open

rRalv

Portal Member
June 1, 2009
Tarragona
Home Country
Spain Spain
the problem just fixed itself i chose the DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV source and turned off the firewall and it worked :) only now i have to find out what port i need to open to watch tv with the firewall open

If your channel is elecard://233.81.233.161:10294 you need open the port number 10294.

You need to open as many ports as you have different ports on all channels.

User14

September 13, 2009
Hi everyone.
I'm using Mediaportal 1.1.0.0 and have the following problem:
First time when I starting iptv "channel1" it works fine. If i then change to "channel2" it will wait few seconds and say "no audio/video availabele". But if I try to start channel2 again, it starts fine. If I first stop channel1(turn of TV in the menu) and then start channel2 it also ok.
It looks like mediaportal doesn't have enought time to switch to another mcast stream.
I tried VLC and IPVTPlayer- both works fine with my provider.

PS Sorry if wrote to wrong thread, I'm new on this forum.

fdEz

September 23, 2009
Hi, I have installed MediaPortal 1.1.0 and I have mmy channel list .m3u but i dont know the path folder for it. TVServer configuration only show SAP Announcements, Germany.Arcor, Germany.Hansenet etc. Any solution? Soz for my bad english! =(

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi, I have installed MediaPortal 1.1.0 and I have mmy channel list .m3u but i dont know the path folder for it. TVServer configuration only show SAP Announcements, Germany.Arcor, Germany.Hansenet etc. Any solution? Soz for my bad english! =(

Try ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\DVBIP

kyralis

October 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    IPTV working fine but not together with internet

Hello,

At last we have IPTV working in mediaportal. But if we have the network cable connected to the onboard network-card internet stops working. Internet is normally directed through de wifi USB-dongle (Wifi-network).
    It looks like firefox uses de normal networkcard and not de USB-wifi for the normal internettraffic.

By the way, de USB-wifi goes through a linksys router and the IPTV goes directly through the fiber-net and not through the router.

Can anyone tell me hou to get this working? or how to separate the two. internet through Wifi-usb and IPTV through the onboard networkcard.

Sorry, for the bad english.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Okay, sounds quite close to what I thought myself. About the details, the recording never gets allocated at all. I suppose that For the Record tries to allocate a tuner for that particular channel at that particular time but fails to recognize the IpTv tuner as a tuner for that channel at all. Thats really the reason the problem annoys me - 4tr doesnt even seem to be trying to record :)
    That confirms my suspicion. Simply fixing the allocation code by adding support for (probably) new tuning details could very well be the only fix that is needed.

And if that's the case it should be fairly easy to add.

I have posted an updated recorder/tuner to the For The Record forums that enables TV server IPTV channels to be used with For The Record.

Get it here: For The Record - View topic - IPTV support in MediaPortal 1.1 Beta

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom