Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristian T

December 22, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It seems that it not help´s to add them to "all channals":(

/Kristian T

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Am I right that you can add http-streams in TV-server with this and watch it in My TV in MP? If so, could someone give me an idiot-guide for doing this? I've replaced the MPIPTVSource.ax, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Richardd: No,. MPIPTVFilter currently only does UDP multicasts AFAIK
    Kristian T:
    First you need to scan the channels in the TV interface scanning dialog. The scanning must report a successful signal (either added or updated, color black)
    When channels are scanned, you need to go to channels setup tab (lower down the main menu)
    There you can again preview the channels as well as group them or delete them. Also you can assign them to other TV cards (especially useful if you're on IPTV) or just link them among themselves if you're getting the same channel on multiple frequencies.

Once on the Channels root dialog, you will have one or more tabs. If there are any groups defined, you will see a separate tab for each of channel groups.
    For starters, you only need to have the "All Channels" group. If it isn't there, you need to create it.
    If selecting the "All Channels" tab shows no channels in the list, then the list is empty and you have to popupate it with channels in the first tab (can't remember the name right now). To do that, select the channels you want from the list, right click and select "Add to group" --> "All Channels"
    If All Channels group shows the channels, MP client should also. If this is not the case, I can't help you. Please seek advice in the appropriate forum / new thread.

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi in the latest release you can add new stations whiyout the use of elcard software.

But i can not make this work. It works whit VLC Player. But not in MP

mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m
    rtsp://rtsplive.dr.dk:80/livestream32.sdp

Internet feeds are not supported, this is plugin for IPTV. IPTV is TV over IP protocol, you have to pay subscription like for DVB-C

I have "changed a bit" version of this filter which is supporting http feeds.

Velis this confuses me because Dimka says it does support http-feeds. I'm a complete newbie to this stuff so maybe I don't get it what Dimka says.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Dimka made his own version which I know nothing about. That version is not currently included in MP distribution AFAIK.

The version that Mikeyko made (and is included in MP 1.1. beta) only supports UDP multicasts.

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've replaced the MPIPTVSource.ax with the filter of Dimka.
    I imagine I must make a .m3u file similar like ..ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbip\Slovakia.Swan.m3u but then only with http-feeds.
    If I do this I can select this new file under "Service" prior to channelscanning but it says "No Signal" during scanning. Maybe I'm using the wrong format in the .m3u file or maybe I'm totally on the wrong track.

Maybe Dimka can help me out with this.

Kristian T

December 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have put the channels ind "all channels" and i can se the channels if i choose "preview" but it still do not work in MP :(
    Merry Xmas everybody...

/Kristian T

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Edit: Last patch version here.

OK, for everybody who had problems with IPTV putting garbage on screen due to packet loss:
    I made a patch, see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...er-etc-325/mpiptvsource-losing-packets-75287/

I'm attaching the corrected .dll
    Also included are VC 2010 redistributables. (sorry, I was not happy about this either, but VS was already installed and I had no intention of installing again). Since MS doesn't provide redistributable package for download (as it's still a beta), I had to include it. I must warn though that this attachment will go away first the moment I run out of attachment space since it's so big.

Extract redist.rar to windows\system32
    Stop TVService
    start command promp as administrator
    go to tv server program folder (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server)
    regsvr32 /u MPIPTVSource.ax (unregister the old one)
    copy the new MPIPTVSource.ax over existing one
    regsvr32 MPIPTVSource.ax (register the new one)
    start TVService

Try it.

This is for original grabber only!!!! (only UDP/RTP support)

Attachments

• redist.rar
      30.6 KB
    • MPIPTVSource.rar
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom