[Approved] Fix for MCE Remote and Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

kerber

Portal Pro
November 24, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
This fix for Windows 7 and MCE Remote. It was is taken from Russian forum.

:sorry: for my language

Attachments

• MCE2005Remote.diff
    30.6 KB

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There we have a problem.
    The patch does fix the MCE Remote support on Windows7, but it completelly breaks support under Windows XP.
    So the patch just shifts the issue from Windows7 to WinXP. :(

kerber
    could you rework the patch so that the MCE Remote will still work in other OS'es than Windows 7?

:D

kerber

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Hmm, sorry. I d'not know that it does not work under WinXP. I not autor this diff. Simply user who make him, offline many time. I wrote him.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    just checking compatibilty with XP.

Won't be compatible with Vista nor XP. But that was already known as current one is not compatible with Windows 7 :p

We need just to modify the patch to allow different behavior, based on the OS version detected.

Hmm, sorry. I d'not know that it does not work under WinXP. I not autor this diff. Simply user who make him, offline many time. I wrote him.

Thats completely ok, as I already stated in the different thread (where I requested for the patch) that we will handle the OS version conflict ourselves.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Thats completely ok, as I already stated in the different thread (where I requested for the patch) that we will handle the OS version conflict ourselves.
    "Who" will do that? :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Even I'm skilled enough to write few IF statements in the C# to separate few code blocks to be run based on OS version :) But first I need to get a new PSU to be able to start up the dev PC.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Even I'm skilled enough to write few IF statements in the C# to separate few code blocks to be run based on OS version :) But first I need to get a new PSU to be able to start up the dev PC.
    *pretty pleeeeeease*
    I am available to test anything you throw at me.:)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Taking care of it ;)

Simone

dimyos

Portal Member
    March 10, 2009
    South Ural
    Home Country
    Hello!

This is a patch for MCE support in Windows 7 with
    backward compatibility.

But his does not tested in XP because i do not have XP.

(folder "MediaPortal\RemotePlugins\Remotes\MCE2005Remote\MediaPortal.Hardware")

Attachments

• Win7_MCE_Support.patch
      30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread