Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled (1 Viewer)

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    not necessarily all that strange. after reading the thread about miroslavs patch, it seems that TVServer puts quite a massive amount of disk-io on the system. although the OS will cache a lot of those and not flood the disk with commands, it may have some kind of influence on a driver level and this could be enough to bring the ATI driver out of its comfort zone.

burnerbaum

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled

I have installed miroslavs diskIO patch for about 2 weeks now and still having the problem with flickering gui. So i can´t confirm that!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled

I have installed miroslavs diskIO patch for about 2 weeks now and still having the problem with flickering gui. So i can´t confirm that!

Well, it was not said that it would fix anything - just in some cases it could give more CPU time for ATI's drivers so the actual issue might not happen as frequently (or at all) on some systems.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled

For me the problem completely disappeared when switching from ATI 26XX to ATI 5570

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    here is my latest update on the flickering GUI problem:

I upgraded from onboard HD3200 to HD5470, Win7 32 bit, latest Catalyst and EVR.

I have flickering with PDVD 8 mpg2. I have no flickering with PDVD 10 mpg2. CPU load is similar, I think DXVA is functioning for both.
    I have no flickering at all with DXV-accelerated h.264 channels with PDVD 8-9-10 h.264 decoder.

I still think the problem is with the proper application of DXVA. Everybody must test his own setup to get rid of it, finding the "sweet combination" of Renderer+Codec+GFX-Driver+GFX-Hardware.

grubi
    could you test your HD5570 with PDVD8 codec and MPG2 Television? You can find it in "HD-Pack 2.2" (google). Just for fun.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Went from a 4550 to a 6570 and all my flickering is gone. Guessing that a more powerful gpu can cure the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom