Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled (2 Viewers)

narsor

Portal Member
August 28, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If I use terratec codecs, I have bad flickering on UI whenever I watch video, live tv stream etc (if EVR is enabled). If I use microsoft codecs or ffdshow, everything works fine

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Pilehave,
    I do not experience flickering anymore with my new setup:

Integrated HD3200 with latest bios (my advice: update your motherboard bios as the video bios is also updated that way)
    Use latest Ati driver (do not stick to 9.5 or 9.6 as I see sometimes in the forum)
    Use Windows 7 (32bits for me)
    Install unlocked SAF 5 beta
    Codec used without flickering with Dxvda (PDVD10 (my preference), ffmeg)
    EVR enabled
    Clean install of latest MP 1.1.1
    Use skin Blue Wide
    (look at image type of your TV logos, mines are jpg)

Good luck

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled

Strange.

I had some problems with saf 5 and powerdvd-codec. So I changed to MS Codec (TV), PowerDVD (HD-TV), ffdshow (video). I had again flickering when TV was running.

I must say that in the past it has gone after an update from ATI HD 3300 integerated to ATI HD 5450. But now was again there. Now I installed new Alpha, updated Maya-Skin and all plugins and flickering is gone again. The codecs and the graphic driver don't changed. Only change was, that i switched back to Direct-Sound from Mediaportal Audio render. But a short test with the Mediaportal Audio Render shows also no flickering.

edit:
    I must correct my statement. Flickering is there and not gone.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think there has been evidence in this thread that the problem also is related to what Skin you are using - or more precise how the overlays are constructed in the skin. If I remember correctly I noticed that if the preview window is larger (for instance in the TV Guide overlay) - the flickering is less evident. And the preview window is of course in different sizes for every skin... I have actually manually enlarged most of my preview windows in my skins I am using..

burnerbaum

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled

The problem still exists for me on win 7 x86 with ati 4550 and microsoft codec for live tv. Any news on this?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled

The problem still exists for me on win 7 x86 with ati 4550 and microsoft codec for live tv. Any news on this?

Sorry no, one of our developer tried to contact the AMD / ATI support to get more technical help but but they didn't even understand what the issue is :) So, if someone has a real technical contact to AMD / ATI GPU driver developers please let us know.

Libra

Portal Member
    August 11, 2010
    Moscow
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Re: AW: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled

Have you tried other codecs, such as Cybelink or ffdshow? I have onboard ATI HD4250 with the same problem - replaced by HD5670 and problem goes away. Then had to go back to HD4250 and problem returned. But recently I replaced the system HDD on SSD and the problem goes away completely.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled

Sorry no, one of our developer tried to contact the AMD / ATI support to get more technical help but but they didn't even understand what the issue is :) So, if someone has a real technical contact to AMD / ATI GPU driver developers please let us know.

What is about catalystmaker on twitter? (Twitter)

polycell

Portal Member
    March 8, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    This might sound strange but since I have installed miroslav's diskIO patch I have not had any more flickering UI. This is on a singleseat setup. Has anyone else seen this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom