Follw.it Support - Discussion & Feedback (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Just some quick feedback on editing movies in follw.it:

- I've noticed a few movies (so far) where the poster for an English movie is in Spanish, or Italian, or Polish, etc. So I upload the English-language one and mark the previous poster for the correct language. When it's received my poster, it displays the new poster and the previous poster, but they're both the same image of the previous poster. Probably a caching problem.

- Adding a poster to a movie doesn't mark the movie as having been edited, so I don't get credit for editing the movie, even though the only way to add the poster on the website is via the "Edit Movie" facility. I work around this by slightly modifying the movie description or fixing some minor other error, which is a bit of a cheat and slows down the overall process.

- I'm going through my online collection identifying movies that have strange names - example is "Doktor No". The movie's description shows Sean Connory but the poster is Van Damme. I edit the movie to change languange to Engish, title to "Dr. No" etc. then I click on the IMDB or themoviedb links. Both links take it to the Van Damme movie rather than the James Bond Movie, so I'm not really sure what movie follw.it this this record is for.

- Korean and Chinese needs to be added to the language drop-down when editing a movie.

- it would be good to have a NEXT button at the bottom of the screen when in movie list mode to save having to scroll back up to the top to press it.

- when I entered MP just now and went into Moving Pictures, I marked 3 movies as watched by right-clicking the movie name and toggling Watched. In follw.it, these 4 movies have just shown up now as having been rated, not watched, 4 minutes ago.

===============
    Hi fforde,
    I've attached new log files after reading your explanation. Here's the steps I took:

0: exited MP configuration. Not sure exactly what i was doing at the time but I've included the old (.bak) log file just in case.
    1: enter MP config/MP-TV Series config. I do absolutely nothing except right-click on series and episodes to mark them watched. I do a lot this time.
    2: exit MP-TV Series and MP config cleanly. Wait a minute or two to allow anything to finish in background. This is the first log file attached.
    3: enter MP config/MP-TV Series config again. I do nothing at all except watch the screen. It proceeds to log 2000+ follw.it entries.
    4: I wait 20 minutes for it to finish and exit cleanly. This is the 2nd log file.

Note that I did not run any other processes or use the follw.it website while doing the above. I also didn't have anything using or hammering the network (such as torrents) (apart from processes doing whatever they do of course)

Hope that helps!

Dir

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just some quick feedback on editing movies in follw.it:

- I've noticed a few movies (so far) where the poster for an English movie is in Spanish, or Italian, or Polish, etc. So I upload the English-language one and mark the previous poster for the correct language. When it's received my poster, it displays the new poster and the previous poster, but they're both the same image of the previous poster. Probably a caching problem.
    Could be browser caching (CTRL+F5 to confirm). I'll take a look at it to see if I can reproduce any other bugs here.

- Adding a poster to a movie doesn't mark the movie as having been edited, so I don't get credit for editing the movie, even though the only way to add the poster on the website is via the "Edit Movie" facility. I work around this by slightly modifying the movie description or fixing some minor other error, which is a bit of a cheat and slows down the overall process.
    Good point. I've created a ticket for this.

- I'm going through my online collection identifying movies that have strange names - example is "Doktor No". The movie's description shows Sean Connory but the poster is Van Damme. I edit the movie to change languange to Engish, title to "Dr. No" etc. then I click on the IMDB or themoviedb links. Both links take it to the Van Damme movie rather than the James Bond Movie, so I'm not really sure what movie follw.it this this record is for.
    When this happens, go with whatever movie the resources are for (imdb, themoviedb), since that's the primary method used in matching to people's collections. If you see a discrepancy between resources, let us know and we'll remove one.

- Korean and Chinese needs to be added to the language drop-down when editing a movie.
    Done

- it would be good to have a NEXT button at the bottom of the screen when in movie list mode to save having to scroll back up to the top to press it.
    Agree. I made a ticket for it.

- when I entered MP just now and went into Moving Pictures, I marked 3 movies as watched by right-clicking the movie name and toggling Watched. In follw.it, these 4 movies have just shown up now as having been rated, not watched, 4 minutes ago.
    It is by design that watched events only show up in the stream if you actually just watched the movie. The movie is still marked as "seen it" on follwit, there is just no stream post made about it. You can also go to the movie page and under "seen it", click "I just watched it". This will post an event to your stream.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Hi fforde,
    I've attached new log files after reading your explanation. Here's the steps I took:

0: exited MP configuration. Not sure exactly what i was doing at the time but I've included the old (.bak) log file just in case.
    1: enter MP config/MP-TV Series config. I do absolutely nothing except right-click on series and episodes to mark them watched. I do a lot this time.
    2: exit MP-TV Series and MP config cleanly. Wait a minute or two to allow anything to finish in background. This is the first log file attached.
    3: enter MP config/MP-TV Series config again. I do nothing at all except watch the screen. It proceeds to log 2000+ follw.it entries.
    4: I wait 20 minutes for it to finish and exit cleanly. This is the 2nd log file.

Note that I did not run any other processes or use the follw.it website while doing the above. I also didn't have anything using or hammering the network (such as torrents) (apart from processes doing whatever they do of course)

Hope that helps!

Dir

Thanks Dir, I will take a look and will either reply here or send you a PM.

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    just upgraded to the latest versions of tvseries/moving pics and have started to use follw.it and being able to sync movie watched status is a godsend (tv wasnt too bad if i remembered to export the watched flag) but i have a suggestion/question: the calendar is a nice touch, any chance of making it exportable to ical?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Do you plan to make support for a separate plug-in follw.it as trakt.tv with similar support for third-party plug-ins?

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hello,
    I have post a similar question in MoPi section.

My question is, if i delete one Series or Movie from my Hard Drive, in DB of MediaPortal is also delete, but in DB of Follw.it is still there.
    And i have done Syncronization after delete the Series/Movie.

Why is that? If i don't have the Series/Movie it shouldn't appear in Follw.it, right?

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    if i delete one Series or Movie from my Hard Drive, in DB of MediaPortal is also delete, but in DB of Follw.it is still there.

If you delete a movie, it should get removed from the site. If you're not seeing that, post moving pictures logs.

But if you're talking about tv episodes, what you described is a known issue with MP-TVSeries. I created this item to track the issue: http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=633

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    just upgraded to the latest versions of tvseries/moving pics and have started to use follw.it and being able to sync movie watched status is a godsend (tv wasnt too bad if i remembered to export the watched flag) but i have a suggestion/question: the calendar is a nice touch, any chance of making it exportable to ical?

This should be possible if any developers want to implement it using follwit API. Relevant api calls:
    http://follw.it/apidocs/calendar.popular
    http://follw.it/apidocs/calendar.follwing

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    If you delete a movie, it should get removed from the site. If you're not seeing that, post moving pictures logs.

But if you're talking about tv episodes, what you described is a known issue with MP-TVSeries. I created this item to track the issue: http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=633

The issue for me is in both MoPi and TVSeries.
    This next weekend i will post MoPi logs.

Thanks

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Do you plan to make support for a separate plug-in follw.it as trakt.tv with similar support for third-party plug-ins?

A separate plugin would be awesome. I don't have time to work on it, because my time is mostly spent working on the site itself. But if anyone wants to take a look at the api, i'd be happy to answer any questions, or create any missing api calls that are needed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom