For The Record 1.3.3 Released (2 Viewers)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
1.3.3.1 does not work with SVN releases.

But I will release binaries on our forum soon that do work with the SVN of a few days ago.

Avigrace

Portal Pro
December 13, 2005
Home Country
England England
1.3.3.1 does not work with SVN releases.

But I will release binaries on our forum soon that do work with the SVN of a few days ago.

Looking forward to this, I only installed FTR for the first time yesterday and was upset to discover it didn't work with my SVN version of MP.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I uploaded binaries for the latest SVN version here: SVN 21688 plugins.

Just let me know if there are any issues with these, I did some preliminary testing and all seemed to be working fine.

Hetfield

Portal Pro
March 3, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Questions

Will there be support for XMBC or MediaPortal 2 in the future versions of ForTheRecord? Best HTPC combination at the moment would be XMBC + MP TvServer + ForTheRecord. Let's see if MediaPortal2 will make me to change my mind.

By the way: scheduled recordings work 100% fine with ForTheRecord, many recordings, zero failures. First time after VHS :) PowerScheduler+client in MediaPortal doesn't always wake up the PC for recording, or it shuts down before the recording starts. Also I don't like the way PowerScheduler works: it tries to stand by the PC, and doesn't start up if you standby by windows or MCE remote. Usually also PowerScheduler puts the computer to sleep even if you are for example writing something. With ForTheRecord it's much better: no "automatic" standby, you can standby manually by remote, and the PC will surely wake up for recording. Also in MediaPortal the wake up for recording should happen always (like in ForTheRecord) - no matter how the computer has been put to standby: by idle time, by remote control, by MP selection "sleep", by windows selection "sleep", or by putting the computer to sleep by pressing sleep button in the PC. I will use ForTheRecord until MediaPortal has a scheduler working the same way.

Thanks for a good software, hopefully the development will go on. Thanks also to MediaPortal developers: 3-4 years using happily MediaPortal.

PS: In the management console shedules view, please add columns "channel name" and "start time" visible :)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Will there be support for XMBC or MediaPortal 2 in the future versions of ForTheRecord? Best HTPC combination at the moment would be XMBC + MP TvServer + ForTheRecord. Let's see if MediaPortal2 will make me to change my mind.
Thanks to For The Record's service oriented architecture it's quite doable to make clients for other media software.

I'm not sure what XMBC uses at its heart, but For The Record's services can be reached over low-level .NET net.tcp (pure WCF), but also using the industry-standard http: XML web services protocol. So it's extremely flexible in that respect.

Having said that, time is always an issue. So you're hoping we'll make an XBMC plugin, and we're in turn hoping someone from the XBMC community might be interested in and enthousiastic about writing a playback plugin for For The Record :)

It goes without saying a MediaPortal 2 client is just as doable and we will certainly look at that closer once MP2 progresses a bit further.

By the way: scheduled recordings work 100% fine with ForTheRecord, many recordings, zero failures. First time after VHS :)
Thank you for all the praise! :D

PS: In the management console shedules view, please add columns "channel name" and "start time" visible :)
Not sure what you mean here: a schedule doesn't actually have a channel or start time, it's the rules within that define zero or more channels, and optionally an around time.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
ForTheRecord is now supported by the latest version of the BleazleWide skin :)

I'm loving 4TR so far - I was able to schedule a programme to record from my laptop last night while my wife watched recorded TV on the HTPC :) I have a couple of questions though...

..is there supposed to be a miniguide in 4TR? If there is how do I view it?
Just hit OK in full-screen TV just like in standard MP. Or even easier: hit the "Channels" button in the TV home screen...

I meant the mini guide as shown in the attached pic - is there one like that?

I prefer the way MediaPortal shows which programmes are set to record in the guide with a red bar now. Is it possible for me to change this through the skin or is it (as I suspect) something that has to be done by the 4TR plugin? If this is the case do you have any plans to change to this?

When you click "Stop" during live TV playback in the MP TV Plugin you're asked if you really want to stop - is this coming to 4TR?

A lot of people ask if there will ever be the ability in MP to be able to click record after you've been watching a programme for say 5 minutes and have it record from when you started watching it (which of course you can't) - what about 4TR - is this coming? :)

None of these things are "deal breakers" for me, just things I would like to see - I think ForTheRecord is great! :D

Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• mini_guide.jpg
    mini_guide.jpg
    110.6 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Bleazle

A lot of people ask if there will ever be the ability in MP to be able to click record after you've been watching a programme for say 5 minutes and have it record from when you started watching it (which of course you can't) - what about 4TR - is this coming?

That's limited by the TV service you use to record with, as TVServer does not currently support this, then the answer is no to backward recording the timeshift buffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom