For The Record 1.3.3 Released | Page 40

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by dvdfreak, October 28, 2008.

1. dvdfreak

dvdfreak Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +178 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    1.3.3.1 does not work with SVN releases.

But I will release binaries on our forum soon that do work with the SVN of a few days ago.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sintei

sintei Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Also, thanks for a very good plugin /program.
    Ill check out your forum more frequent now ;)

4. dvdfreak

dvdfreak Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +178 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    No problem :) :D

5. Avigrace

Avigrace Portal Pro

Domain Administrator
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Looking forward to this, I only installed FTR for the first time yesterday and was upset to discover it didn't work with my SVN version of MP.

6. dvdfreak

dvdfreak Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +178 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    I uploaded binaries for the latest SVN version here: SVN 21688 plugins.

Just let me know if there are any issues with these, I did some preliminary testing and all seemed to be working fine.

7. Hetfield

Hetfield Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Questions

Will there be support for XMBC or MediaPortal 2 in the future versions of ForTheRecord? Best HTPC combination at the moment would be XMBC + MP TvServer + ForTheRecord. Let's see if MediaPortal2 will make me to change my mind.

By the way: scheduled recordings work 100% fine with ForTheRecord, many recordings, zero failures. First time after VHS :) PowerScheduler+client in MediaPortal doesn't always wake up the PC for recording, or it shuts down before the recording starts. Also I don't like the way PowerScheduler works: it tries to stand by the PC, and doesn't start up if you standby by windows or MCE remote. Usually also PowerScheduler puts the computer to sleep even if you are for example writing something. With ForTheRecord it's much better: no "automatic" standby, you can standby manually by remote, and the PC will surely wake up for recording. Also in MediaPortal the wake up for recording should happen always (like in ForTheRecord) - no matter how the computer has been put to standby: by idle time, by remote control, by MP selection "sleep", by windows selection "sleep", or by putting the computer to sleep by pressing sleep button in the PC. I will use ForTheRecord until MediaPortal has a scheduler working the same way.

Thanks for a good software, hopefully the development will go on. Thanks also to MediaPortal developers: 3-4 years using happily MediaPortal.

PS: In the management console shedules view, please add columns "channel name" and "start time" visible :)

8. dvdfreak

dvdfreak Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +178 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks to For The Record's service oriented architecture it's quite doable to make clients for other media software.

I'm not sure what XMBC uses at its heart, but For The Record's services can be reached over low-level .NET net.tcp (pure WCF), but also using the industry-standard http: XML web services protocol. So it's extremely flexible in that respect.

Having said that, time is always an issue. So you're hoping we'll make an XBMC plugin, and we're in turn hoping someone from the XBMC community might be interested in and enthousiastic about writing a playback plugin for For The Record :)

It goes without saying a MediaPortal 2 client is just as doable and we will certainly look at that closer once MP2 progresses a bit further.

Thank you for all the praise! :D

Not sure what you mean here: a schedule doesn't actually have a channel or start time, it's the rules within that define zero or more channels, and optionally an around time.

9. jiger104

jiger104 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    love this program, thanks for your great work.

10. Bleazle
    • Premium Supporter

Bleazle Well-Known Member

Retired Skinner :-)
    Ratings:
    +256 / 1
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    ForTheRecord is now supported by the latest version of the BleazleWide skin :)

I'm loving 4TR so far - I was able to schedule a programme to record from my laptop last night while my wife watched recorded TV on the HTPC :) I have a couple of questions though...

I meant the mini guide as shown in the attached pic - is there one like that?

I prefer the way MediaPortal shows which programmes are set to record in the guide with a red bar now. Is it possible for me to change this through the skin or is it (as I suspect) something that has to be done by the 4TR plugin? If this is the case do you have any plans to change to this?

When you click "Stop" during live TV playback in the MP TV Plugin you're asked if you really want to stop - is this coming to 4TR?

A lot of people ask if there will ever be the ability in MP to be able to click record after you've been watching a programme for say 5 minutes and have it record from when you started watching it (which of course you can't) - what about 4TR - is this coming? :)

None of these things are "deal breakers" for me, just things I would like to see - I think ForTheRecord is great! :D

Cheers

Dave

Attached Files:

• mini_guide.jpg
      mini_guide.jpg
      File size:
      110.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      February 16, 2009
      Views:
  11. Paranoid Delusion
    • Team MediaPortal

Paranoid Delusion Moderation Manager

Electrical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,482 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi Bleazle

That's limited by the TV service you use to record with, as TVServer does not currently support this, then the answer is no to backward recording the timeshift buffer.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!