For The Record 1.3.3 Released (1 Viewer)

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When you click "Stop" during live TV playback in the MP TV Plugin you're asked if you really want to stop - is this coming to 4TR?

Personally I prefer the way 4TR handles this, if I've pressed stop then I expect it to do so, asking me to confirm the action is just another button press I could do without.

If it does come to 4TR then it would be great if it was a configurable option, that way you please both camps! ;)

andijegg

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Rosenheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    another thing is that the 4trwindowsservice suddenly starts to stress my hdd and the sqlservr.exe grows bigger and bigger for no reason... cpu usage about 50% all the time... could this be a reason for the corrupted database? i'm not into those database things at all, so be patient pls :)

Hi,

I have the same issue like el_gato... only differenz is here are no old or corrupted databases on the System. 4TR was installed on a clean System.

The Problem is, when I start the System or the System returns out of the hibernate it takes about 5 min. then my CPU usage ist over 50% for about another 5 min. After this 5 min the CPU usage is normal again.

The stress is caused of the sqlserver.exe, as elgato has told.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Bleazle

A lot of people ask if there will ever be the ability in MP to be able to click record after you've been watching a programme for say 5 minutes and have it record from when you started watching it (which of course you can't) - what about 4TR - is this coming?

That's limited by the TV service you use to record with, as TVServer does not currently support this, then the answer is no to backward recording the timeshift buffer.

OK, I'm with you. So will TVServer ever be able to support it?

When you click "Stop" during live TV playback in the MP TV Plugin you're asked if you really want to stop - is this coming to 4TR?

Personally I prefer the way 4TR handles this, if I've pressed stop then I expect it to do so, asking me to confirm the action is just another button press I could do without.

If it does come to 4TR then it would be great if it was a configurable option, that way you please both camps! ;)

I hear what you're saying but it's handy to have the choice to have especially if you've paused live TV then continued watching and:
    A) The kids get hold of the remote and hit stop instead of pause...:rolleyes:
    B) You've had a few beers and you accidentally hit stop instead of pause... :(
    C) Your wife decides she wants to talk to you and "accidentally" hits stop instead of pause... :mad:
    :mad: :D :D :D

All of the above scenarios (and probably a few more..) will result in your timeshifted TV being screwed - it's fine if you never pause live TV because if you accidentally hit stop you can just hit play again and carry on with your viewing but if you do pause live TV accidentally hitting stop can really screw your television watching pleasure...

BTW I can't recall this ever happening to me (except for maybe (C) above :rolleyes: ) but I still think it's a good "safety" feature to have..

Dave

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

+1
    Although too many configurable options could possible decrease usability. Hide them away in an "advanced section" (like MP has been doing it for a couple of versions now), and I could get on board with the idea :)

PS: In the management console shedules view, please add columns "channel name" and "start time" visible :)
    Not sure what you mean here: a schedule doesn't actually have a channel or start time, it's the rules within that define zero or more channels, and optionally an around time.[/QUOTE]

I think I know what he means. I often look for start times of my single-time schedules. Sinces these schedules are only planned to record once, it actually does have both channel name and start time, but the only way to see this is in "Upcoming recordings", which is not the first place I look for a single-time recording.
    I have learned to get around this, but it took some time getting used to.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I think I know what he means. I often look for start times of my single-time schedules. Sinces these schedules are only planned to record once, it actually does have both channel name and start time, but the only way to see this is in "Upcoming recordings", which is not the first place I look for a single-time recording.
    I have learned to get around this, but it took some time getting used to.
    Right. I can understand people that are coming from the standard MediaPortal scheduler are not used to having a upcoming recordings view. But this is indeed much more useful than looking at your list of schedules. The schedules list is typically something you look at when you really want to edit a schedule.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ..I prefer the way MediaPortal shows which programmes are set to record in the guide with a red background now. Is it possible for me to change this through the skin or is it (as I suspect) something that has to be done by the 4TR plugin? If this is the case do you have any plans to change to this?...

Sorry for the repeat but I didn't want this question to get missed :D

Cheers

Dave

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    came home from work this afternoon and the htpc was running although it shouldn't cause at this time there was no recording. opened mmc and it hang... checked the log file and there were a bunch of errormessages! (look at the attached file) also i found a nice 10GB big fortherecord_log.LDF in the sql database-folder... don't think this is normal^^ because mmc always told me via error message it couldn't start (couldn't connect to localhost... is the service running? which was running, also ended and started it manually) i reinstalled 4tr hoping it works again... (deleted the database-files to get them rebuilt after install. 10gb is way to much...)

since the last clean install of the htpc, mp, 4tr etc 4tr won't show me any epg-data of the german channel zdf (although these infos are listed in the tvguide-xml). so how do i get these infos shown in mp/mmc?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    ..I prefer the way MediaPortal shows which programmes are set to record in the guide with a red background now. Is it possible for me to change this through the skin or is it (as I suspect) something that has to be done by the 4TR plugin? If this is the case do you have any plans to change to this?...

Sorry for the repeat but I didn't want this question to get missed :D

I added this to the list of things to look at :)

came home from work this afternoon and the htpc was running although it shouldn't cause at this time there was no recording. opened mmc and it hang... checked the log file and there were a bunch of errormessages! (look at the attached file) also i found a nice 10GB big fortherecord_log.LDF in the sql database-folder... don't think this is normal^^ because mmc always told me via error message it couldn't start (couldn't connect to localhost... is the service running? which was running, also ended and started it manually) i reinstalled 4tr hoping it works again... (deleted the database-files to get them rebuilt after install. 10gb is way to much...)
    Seems there's an issue when deleting old guide programs in databases that have lots of channels and programs. I assume you have quite a number of channels, all or most with guide data?

I'll fix this asap.

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    All MPStandbyHandler does is overcome some potential hardware deficencies on your system, this could be slow TVCard driver loading or Network connection.

It has nothing to do with standby\resume, that's controlled by system (FTR) or powerscheduler (FTR not installed).
    Excellent summary!

In essence, don't use any PowerScheduler plugin (not on server nor on client) when you are using For The Record, it can only interfere. In For The Record you don't need to do or configure configure anything, it will bring your system out of standby automatically (also with wake-on-LAN). The only thing you do need to do is configure your XP or Vista machine to go to sleep (Power Options in the standard Windows control panel).

Just a quick question related to the standby handling. As I have understand it, the client-plugin keeps the server alive as long as the MP client isn't in Home screen.

Will the client then wake the server in the following case;
    1) Both server and client active
    2) Client idle (Home screen)
    3) Server goes Zzzz, client still in Home screen
    4) Client goes to e.g My Music

Will bullet 4 wake the server? The reason for asking is that I have all my music/videos on the server as well.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Will the client then wake the server in the following case;
    1) Both server and client active
    2) Client idle (Home screen)
    3) Server goes Zzzz, client still in Home screen
    4) Client goes to e.g My Music

Will bullet 4 wake the server? The reason for asking is that I have all my music/videos on the server as well.
    No, I'm afraid it won't :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom