For The Record 1.3.3 Released (1 Viewer)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Will the client then wake the server in the following case;
    1) Both server and client active
    2) Client idle (Home screen)
    3) Server goes Zzzz, client still in Home screen
    4) Client goes to e.g My Music

Will bullet 4 wake the server? The reason for asking is that I have all my music/videos on the server as well.
    No, I'm afraid it won't :(

So is this an possible improvement?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Perhaps... Tricky since My Music is part of standard MP and doesn't know anything about For The Record, but perhaps there are ways of getting this to work anyway... I'll put this on our list!

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Perhaps... Tricky since My Music is part of standard MP and doesn't know anything about For The Record, but perhaps there are ways of getting this to work anyway... I'll put this on our list!

This applies to My Videos and so on as well. Anyway, I suppose I can get around this problem since I have configured my server to wake on ALL network activity. But it would be nice to have explicit wake-on-lan :)

Another idea would be to keep the server alive even if in Home screen, in this case the server should stay alive until the last client disconnects (but perhaps this will prevent the client from standby since there are some activity...)

Actually, I did some patches to PowerScheduler to implement the above behaviour to "solve" the follwing issue https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-302/mp-client-cant-reconnect-after-connection-tv-service-lost-52455/. Don't know if this applies to For the Record, but the standard MP TV client always needs to be connected to the server, even if in Home screen.

Must say that I like For the Records approach to use windows energy savings features instead of PowerScheduler.

madmunky

Portal Member
    February 1, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I tried this a number of times but so far have had no luck, Im using the latest release of MP and downloaded the latest FTC 1.3.3 but when installed I get a error saying the WebAccessPlugin has crash (Im running Vista) then once it is installed I can get it to connect to the TV Server but not see any channels and also the Web Server does not work (Im guessing its cause its crashing)

I have to remove FTC to be able to watch TV again in MP :(

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    madmunky

A reboot usually helps when you have just installed FTR, I had the same issue, no connection could be made, until i did this.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ..I prefer the way MediaPortal shows which programmes are set to record in the guide with a red background now. Is it possible for me to change this through the skin or is it (as I suspect) something that has to be done by the 4TR plugin? If this is the case do you have any plans to change to this?...

Sorry for the repeat but I didn't want this question to get missed :D

I added this to the list of things to look at :)

I am still not sure I like the way MP is showing recordings now, but perhaps I could get used to it.
    But how would FTR handle all of the other things, that FTR currently shows in the EPG with a variation of the classic circle "rec" symbol? Examples are "Reoccuring recordings, cancelled recordings, Not recording ( circle !)" and so on.

My other problem is, that coloring the entire bar red when recording, could possibly make another feature I really want, impossible. That is some way of showing, which Channels are currently available.
    What I mean by this, is to be able to see, from the EPG, which channels you could watch, while something else is recording. The reason is that with DVB-broadcasting we have multiplexing that sometimes makes it difficult to determine which channels are available. Of course, we always now that minimum 1 channel per tuner, but why not take full advantage of multiplexing, by showing the users what channels they can watch?
    I always thought that this should be done by some sort of greenish color if available and red color if unavailable, but if recording colors the program red, this cannot be done.
    Perhaps greying it out somehow could be done, but one should still be able to see what is written.

This is something I would absolutely love, since right now I don't have enough money for a 6-tuner setup, but sometimes I can actually watch 6 programs with just my 2 tuners, because of multiplexing - problem is, the only way to determine which is available is a "trial and error"-approach.

Regular MP does this for the "Channel List", so it should be possible to do.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Seems there's an issue when deleting old guide programs in databases that have lots of channels and programs. I assume you have quite a number of channels, all or most with guide data?

I'll fix this asap.
    I just updated the latest version to 1.3.3.2, a very minor maintenance release.

Here is the list of changes:

• Ping/Test Shares are now only possible on active recorder/tuners.
    • The recordings scheduler will now keep the machine awake if a recording is due soon.
    • DeleteAllPrograms() and DeleteOldPrograms() now work batched, so they can't time-out anymore.
    • Tweaked free disk space check when deleting recordings.
    • Fixed some IE8 issues with Web Access.
    For The Record - View topic - For The Record 1.3.3.2

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems there's an issue when deleting old guide programs in databases that have lots of channels and programs. I assume you have quite a number of channels, all or most with guide data?

I'll fix this asap.

i have 29 channels in my list, all of them with epgdata for the next 14 days... i reduce it immediatly if this helps! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom