Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: For The Record 1.4

I am trying to install 1.4.0.2 in Win7 64 bit with MP 1.1.0 RC1. I followed the instructions in the Manual using your Vista settings, however when I try to share my Recordings folder, there is no option for co-owner. I have a single seat setup, no network. All I could select was Read/Write permissions, which I set for both Everyone and my user account. Now when I try to configure the For The Record Plugin in TV Server Configuration, I receive a message:
    You must set up a share with full permission for the core services account for all recording folders
    I only have one TV Card and one recording folder and I selected the option to use the same recording folder for all cards. When I check permissions in Advanced Sharing it shows Everyone as having Full Control.

When I try to 'reconnect' in TV Server Config in the For the Record plugin it repeats the above message.

In the Management Console, when I try to Ping or Test Shares on my Recorder/Tuner (MediaPortal TV Server) I get a message "Server failed to connect to MediaPortal TV Server" :confused: Help!

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Perhaps you can try to turn on Advanced Sharing in Windows 7? More info here: Windows 7: Network and Sharing Center -- look for the "the Change Advanced Sharing options".

Also, your Ping must work, could it be that the firewall is blocking port 49842 (the port our TV Server plugin is using)? Note that Ping will only work if TvService is up and running with our TV Server plugin enabled.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I found the problem. I had to create a share for the the timeshift folder as well. Perhaps you could add that to the Install Guide?

Also, your Ping must work, could it be that the firewall is blocking port 49842 (the port our TV Server plugin is using)? Note that Ping will only work if TvService is up and running with our TV Server plugin enabled.
    I defined the Windows Firewall exception for For the Record (again!) and now ping works and so does Test Shares.

Now my problem is that I imported all channels, plus channel groups and now have double channels. How do I clear the channels and re-import them?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Do you use XMLTV or DVB-EPG? You can clean out your channels and guide channels with the Management Console normally, just delete the ones you don't need. And make sure those that are left are linked to TV Server channels.

One remark though: if you use an XMLTV guide it's recommended to keep the channels it has auto-created.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Yep I noticed they are only duplicated in the For The Record Plugin in TV Server, not in Management Console. I have an analog TV Card (Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE kit) so I don't think I can use DVB-EPG right? I use XMLTV - mc2xml which is a nice program but unfortunately it uses MSN listings for India which are crap!

I imported my TVguide.xml to the For The Record\Services\XMLTV folder and the channels all show up, but no data. In the For The Record Plugin DVD-EPG data is not selected. So how do I get the data to appear?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Is there anything logged either in the logs on disk, or in the Log panel of the Management Console? Maybe the XMTV file isn't being imported correctly, and only the channels are created?

Even without the TV server plugin active, if you import a valid XMLTV file the guide data should immediately be visible in the EPG panel of the Management Console.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Log Panel shows "XMLTV Import - Guide Import finished 7445 programs imported" Log file attached. But no data appears. I also copied logos in now, and they appear correctly.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

You must be looking at the wrong channels (since you said you had duplicates). Check the link between your channels and your guide-channels in the Channels panel.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Yes, thanks. I did look in the Channels panel before, but at that time nothing showed in the channel drop down box. Now I assigned/linked all the guide and tv channels, all my crappy EPG data displays very nicely :D Thanks for all the help.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I'm considering 4TR in my set-up. I'm using MP 1.0.2, multiseat (server/client and client). My Tuner is a Silicondust HD Homerun Dual ATSC and I use the Schedules Direct plugin for EPG. I also have a Hauppauge PVR-150 for recording from a digital converter box and a VHS recorder, and will be using it for FM radio. I want to be able to record TV series suitable for MP-TVSeries (naming to 'series-name - S00E00 - episode-name' format). I currently use VideoRedo to edit commercials and Handbrake for conversion.

Anyone have any comments about this set-up .. and whether 4TR will work in my situation? TV3 handles most of what I need, is there any advantage that 4TR will give me over TV3?

Thanks,

Chuck

P.S. I'm waiting for a stable MP1.1 before upgrading from 1.0.2 on my HTPC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom