For The Record 1.6 (1 Viewer)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Re: For The Record 1.4

I'm not sure I understand, the Upcoming Programs window shows the upcoming recordings by default, and on the top-left is a toggle button to also show upcoming alerts and suggestions.

There is no window that shows the active schedules.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi, I think screenshots will explain what I mean more clearly.

Screenshot 1: Press Upcoming Programs on TV Home - these are not Upcoming Programs but Upcoming Recordings
    Screenshot 2: Go to TV Guide, highlight a program scheduled to record - press enter. Here it correctly displays the Program info and Upcoming Recordings (correctly named)
    Screenshot 3: Go to TV Guide - highlight a program NOT scheduled to record - press enter - 4TR displays only the current program NOT the upcoming airings/episodes
    Screenshot 4: Same as 3 but in TV Server - here it correctly displays BOTH the current program AND the upcoming episodes

My question is - how do I get a display like screenshot 4 in 4TR? How do I see upcoming episodes in order to select one for recording?

Hope that is clearer :)

Attachments

• Upcoming Programs.jpg
      Upcoming Programs.jpg
      72.7 KB
    • Upcoming recordings.jpg
      Upcoming recordings.jpg
      92.3 KB
    • Program Info.jpg
      Program Info.jpg
      70.4 KB
    • TV Server Program Info.jpg
      TV Server Program Info.jpg
      103.1 KB

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Hi, I think screenshots will explain what I mean more clearly.

Screenshot 1: Press Upcoming Programs on TV Home - these are not Upcoming Programs but Upcoming Recordings
    Yes, they are upcoming "programs" of type "Recordings" (see toggle button on the top-left, you can change this to Alerts or Suggestions too). So that's why the window has a generic "programs" title, since there are three types of upcoming "programs".

My question is - how do I get a display like screenshot 4 in 4TR? How do I see upcoming episodes in order to select one for recording?

Hope that is clearer :)
    Perfectly clear, but the answer is rather short: you don't ;) For The Record simply shows the upcoming recordings for the selected schedule in that screen, and not all programs that match the title or whatever. So we simply made a different choice here.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Yes, they are upcoming "programs" of type "Recordings" (see toggle button on the top-left, you can change this to Alerts or Suggestions too). So that's why the window has a generic "programs" title, since there are three types of upcoming "programs".
    OK, I understand now, I have to define Alerts or Suggestions schedules for programs to display there right? I have not done that yet so nothing displays under Alerts or Suggestions and thus only upcoming recordings displayed.

Perfectly clear, but the answer is rather short: you don't For The Record simply shows the upcoming recordings for the selected schedule in that screen, and not all programs that match the title or whatever. So we simply made a different choice here.
    Thank you, at least I know I am not doing something wrong (as I thought I was). But how do I select a program to record in GUI? Here in India they often air a program 3 or 4x a week. So I don't want all of them and some are reruns of last weeks episodes (or even older ones). So I always just go to the Upcoming Episodes list in TV Server and select the one I want to record. How do I do this in 4TR? I realize I have to learn new habits/methods, but I can't figure out which is the correct way.

Thanks for all your patience and guidance.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

OK, I understand now, I have to define Alerts or Suggestions schedules for programs to display there right? I have not done that yet so nothing displays under Alerts or Suggestions and thus only upcoming recordings displayed.
    Yes, 100% correct :)

Thank you, at least I know I am not doing something wrong (as I thought I was). But how do I select a program to record in GUI? Here in India they often air a program 3 or 4x a week. So I don't want all of them and some are reruns of last weeks episodes (or even older ones). So I always just go to the Upcoming Episodes list in TV Server and select the one I want to record. How do I do this in 4TR? I realize I have to learn new habits/methods, but I can't figure out which is the correct way.
    Well, it's indeed a different way of handling things. In For The Record you typically turn on the new episodes only option and it will keep a history of things it has already recorded before (and will not record again). What you can also do is create the schedule (which will record all) and then go to the upcoming recordings window and manually cancel the ones you don't want.

In the management console it's also possible to add a program to the previously recorded history, but you can't do that from MP (yet) -- at least I don't think you can (I'd have to look at the code to know for sure if we added this or not).

Thanks for all your patience and guidance.
    My pleasure.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

We posted an update on our recorder/tuner project Argus yesterday (link).

What's interesting to stress is that even if you use the Argus recorder/tuner for recordings and live TV that your system can still run just fine with a MediaPortal client, and that 1.1 RC1 is fully supported (even recommended).

It's even possible to run Argus and TV server side-by-side if you should wish to do so (for example: a mix of analog and digital cards in your system). It's equally possible to install Argus on several machines and have them controller by a single For The Record core installation.

Flexibility rules! :D

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

We posted an update on our recorder/tuner project Argus yesterday (link).

What's interesting to stress is that even if you use the Argus recorder/tuner for recordings and live TV that your system can still run just fine with a MediaPortal client, and that 1.1 RC1 is fully supported (even recommended).

It's even possible to run Argus and TV server side-by-side if you should wish to do so (for example: a mix of analog and digital cards in your system). It's equally possible to install Argus on several machines and have them controller by a single For The Record core installation.

Flexibility rules! :D
    Tomorrow we will finally release Argus, and we uploaded some videos to YouTube to give a sneak preview:

Hope you'll like it :)

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: For The Record 1.4

I've still downloaded it. The big test will follow tomorrow and on Monday ;)...
    I simply hope, that my Skin (Black Glass Nova) will support 4TR TV-Client somehow.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: Re: For The Record 1.4

I've still downloaded it. The big test will follow tomorrow and on Monday ;)...
    Cool :)

I simply hope, that my Skin (Black Glass Nova) will support 4TR TV-Client somehow.
    Have you tried asking the author/designer of that skin? Perhaps if enough people request it...

madslundt

Portal Member
    April 4, 2010

I know this is version 1.4 thread, but maybe someone can help me with a problem with 1.5.
    This is the first time I use 4therecord.

When I want to play LIVE TV in mediaportal, through 4therecord, it's keep saying Couldn't play stream5.0, 5.1 or 5.2.
    Before I installed 4therecord there was no problem, but now with 1.5 there is?
    I can easy play live TV outside mediaportal, like in TV-server config and 4therecord program. I can also scan channels in 4therecord.

I only have one tv-card and I have added mediaportal tv in 4therecord.

What is the problem and how can I solve it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom