Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: For The Record 1.4

Hi dvdfreak - I'm back again! I have almost finished skinning 4TR for aMPed (4:3) so at least 4:3 users can have an alternative to Blue3. However, I need to get back to MP TV Server to check/test a few things while skinning. Can I disable 4TR? I tried disabling everything I could find, but no luck! Do I have to uninstall it? If so, will it keep my settings so when I reinstall everything is back to normal?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Yes, the database and settings will be kept if you uninstall and later reinstall.

Really cool news about you skin! I guess you've made some people happy with this support! :)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

Is it not easier to just temporarily remove the dummy tvplugin.dll and reinstate the tvplugin.dll.old.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Is it not easier to just temporarily remove the dummy tvplugin.dll and reinstate the tvplugin.dll.old.
    That's also an option yes, but to really disable For The Record you should then also disable the TV server plugin.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

That's true, thanks for the quick confirmation :)

So Dadeo, if it is just a "check/test a few things" the dll swop would be faster, but remember 4TR is still running in the background. This will just enable you to get the normal tvclient screens in MP.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Thanks for the tip Rekenaar. I will try that next time. ;)

The reason I reverted to TV Server was to test the upcoming programs list control (id 10) in 4trprograminfo.xml. Nothing displays for me in Blue3[wide] or other skins. In TVServer they are all listed perfectly.

In 4tR the current program displays, but not the list of upcoming airings.

I am testing it in MP 1.1.0 RC1 - 4tr 1.4.0.2.

EDIT: Upcoming Programs do not display in MP 1.0.2 either using 4TR 1.4.0.2

I should explain when they do not display - Go to TV Guide - select a program at a future time. Normally TVServer displays a list of all upcoming episodes which you can browse, select and it is instantly scheduled to record. Does 4TR not support this function?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi,

Thank you for a great update:) I really like it.

Now a question:
    I try to get the radio part to work. My problem is that I have no TV Card that supports FM radio. I only have added web-stream radio channels in MP TVServer Configuration. All channels appears in 4TR but if I try to start any of them I get the error message "No Tuning Details". Is web-stream radio supported by 4TR or only "real" radio like FM radio via the TVCard?

best regards
    cul8er

Did anyone ever answer cul8er's question? I have the same problem - only webstreams and they don't seem to work in 4TR?

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England

Thanks for the tip Rekenaar. I will try that next time. ;)

The reason I reverted to TV Server was to test the upcoming programs list control (id 10) in 4trprograminfo.xml. Nothing displays for me in Blue3[wide] or other skins. In TVServer they are all listed perfectly.

In 4tR the current program displays, but not the list of upcoming airings.

I am testing it in MP 1.1.0 RC1 - 4tr 1.4.0.2.

EDIT: Upcoming Programs do not display in MP 1.0.2 either using 4TR 1.4.0.2

I should explain when they do not display - Go to TV Guide - select a program at a future time. Normally TVServer displays a list of all upcoming episodes which you can browse, select and it is instantly scheduled to record. Does 4TR not support this function?

I thought it used to. I have just recently moved from MP 1.02 and 4tr 1.4.0.0 and I'm sure it used to work there.

However I don't use this function very much as I prefer to use the management console.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Did anyone ever answer cul8er's question? I have the same problem - only webstreams and they don't seem to work in 4TR?
    That's correct, there is currently no webstream support in For The Record.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Thx for the clarificaiton about webstreams dvdfreak. But what about the upcoming programs? Is that a bug in 1.4.0.2? In MP TV Server, the list of scheduled recordings is a different facade from the list of upcoming programs ( i.e. viewed via TV Guide).

It is odd to have the main TV Home Menu display 'Upcoming Programs' when it displays a list of scheduled or upcoming recordings. I even tried to change the label (id 7) in 4tr_home.xml - but nothing changed :), I assume it is coded to use the string files label (49247) from fortherecord_en.xml?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom