For The Record 1.6 (2 Viewers)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Yes, something is really wrong here, and like this you should actually get into more trouble than with the proper setup. So why this works better for you is a total mystery to me :eek:

Problems with only one card doing the work are usually related to the channel-to-card mapping in TV server itself, and mutliple recordings on a single mux are usually related to the card's cam-limit setting in TV server setup.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Problems with only one card doing the work are usually related to the channel-to-card mapping in TV server itself, and mutliple recordings on a single mux are usually related to the card's cam-limit setting in TV server setup.
Thanks for the quick response.

CAM limit is set to 14 for both cards.
Will check the channel to card mapping tonight.

But I must say that I am REALLY impressed, how good your software is at the moment! :D

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Problems with only one card doing the work are usually related to the channel-to-card mapping in TV server itself

Strange the settings in TV server -> TV Channels -> TV mapping is also ok for both cards.:confused:
The work around works for now, so I leave it this way.

MiamiBeach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Miami Beach, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great! Keep me posted!

It goes without saying I'll include this fix in future releases, if it proves to work well :)
    The fix has worked great on the analog card. Back to back recordings on the same channel are always including the pre- and post- minutes on both recordings.

However, I just tried to do the same thing on a dual tuner digital card, and this is not working as expected. Basically I scheduled back to back recordings on two different digital channels (4-5pm and 5-6pm) and at 5pm, there is no overlap, two end at 16:59 and the other two begin at 17:00. The CAM Limit was disabled on this card, so then I enabled it, set it to 1, and then 2 (for each tuner), but this didn't make any difference.

By the way, why does the CAM Limit need to be set on this card? Couldn't it behave the same as the analog card in the case of consecutive recordings on the same channel?

Thanks so much for your work! :D

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ah, it's quite possible we don't support this on ATSC right now. Does TV server handle this in all cases?

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Problems with only one card doing the work are usually related to the channel-to-card mapping in TV server itself

Strange the settings in TV server -> TV Channels -> TV mapping is also ok for both cards.:confused:
    The work around works for now, so I leave it this way.

The issue is back.
    So I deleted the 2nd tuner in the 4therecord config and rebooted.
    All is working now.
    Sounds like a problem after suspend.
    I had "Re-initialize TV-Server after system resumes from standby" enabled.
    I've disabled this and hope all stays well.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is issue is not solved.

I have 2 issues:
    1. When recording lets say 4 or 5 programs, I can't watch live tv.
    2. When timeshifting a recording, that has not ended the recording exists after around 1 min or shorter.

You need logging?
    I can provide this, the next time it happens, all right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom