For The Record 1.6 (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am still confused about how 4TR actually works or what it does. In the architecture graph, only the MediaPortal GUI plugin is listet. Why is separate plugin required? Why is there no mention of the TV Server? Does 4TR control the tuners directly, without 4TR having any connection to the TV server and the Media Portal database what so ever? If so, what happens if you want to watch TV in Media Portal, while 4TR is recording something?

omayhemo

Portal Member
    August 13, 2009
    4tr itself utilizes MP's existing TVServer service if you wish, although the same dev group has created their own tuner service called Argus I believe. Argus is not required The 4TR plugin integrates with MP. It's primary function is conflict resolution (a feature sorely missing from MP). It also allows for automatic recording retainment management, and the recording scheduler is far more flexible than the native MP version.

Personally I can not go without 4TR because the features I mentioned above are just not available natively.
    However, it does create an additional point of maintenance for MP. IOW something else that could break. So weigh your options carefully.

Go by 4TheRecord.eu to get more information.

One disappointment herein however. 1.2 beta is not yet supported.
    Apparently you can donate to them and gain access their beta versions.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I see thx. When I use 4TR with the TV Server of MP, can I still schedule recordings via MediaPortal regular LiveTV interface? Or do I have to watch/schedule recordings via the interface of the MediaPortal Plugin of 4TR?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    My family have also grown very fond of 4TR.
    Especially the fact that the management console and service notifier can be installed on any PC is very convenient.
    And of course the seamless integration with MP Client.
    I am still using MP TV Server as back-end, and never missed a recording.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    I see thx. When I use 4TR with the TV Server of MP, can I still schedule recordings via MediaPortal regular LiveTV interface? Or do I have to watch/schedule recordings via the interface of the MediaPortal Plugin of 4TR?

4TR plugin replaces MP TV plugin.
    Looks very much the same but you will interact with 4TR in stead of directly with TV Server. So you can still schedule via MP, but personally I do all my scheduling via Management Console from my laptop.

vicom

Portal Member
    December 23, 2010
    Home Country
    But you are going to loose the possibility to watch the same stream on multiple clients at the same time if you are using an analog tv card.

see this post

Rekenaar can you confirm this if you've experienced it

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sorry, cannot help.
    Currently only using one client.
    Other PC is nowadays a games PC for kids.
    Best to bump the post in the 4TR forum.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: For The Record 1.5

We are still testing version 1.6.0.0 RC in the forum and the final version will awesome I think. It will support MP 1.2, so everyone will be able to test. I began with 1.5.0.3, but there has been a good progess since then.

mkjustuk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2011
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    4TR is by far my favourite addition to MP - it's a first class application and I use the web access for scheduling and checking on recordings a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom