For The Record 1.6 (4 Viewers)

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am sure that is it, however I am a noob and I did not see how to setup to each tuner. I have (3) HD Homerun Dual TV Tuners and do not know if they can do cam. How would I find for sure if they do and how do i map to each tuner please?

I dont think my card has CAM it does ATSC and QAM which I only use ATSC.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: For The Record Config

Hey,
    i tried to setup For the record but it doesnt work.
    I Add a new "MediaPortal Tv-Server" in Recorder/Tuner, I Configured the Mediaportal Plugin inside the TV-Server Configuration.
    I don't want to use the Argus Tuner, nervertheless I tried it with it.
    On my TV-Server are 4 Tuners but when I try to watch more than one TV Channel i get the error Failed to tune to channel. Why?

I hope anyone can help me.

Do all your tuners show in Mediaportal Config?

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    I have 6 identical ones, I can attach an image when I get home.

Yes they say Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 101B2B48-0, and the number 101Bxxxx has a different number.

Is it 4tR? I have six TVE that say net.tcp://localhost:49842/RecorderTunerService. They all say the exact same thing..

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Yes they say Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 101B2B48-0, and the number 101Bxxxx has a different number.

Is it 4tR? I have six TVE that say net.tcp://localhost:49842/RecorderTunerService. They all say the exact same thing..

Is what 4TR?

Lets start over.
    Here is Mediaportal Config screen showing the tuners. Do you have your 6 tuners listed?

mediaportal.jpg

and here is 4TR
    4TR.jpg

What do you have....?

If you have more than one "tuner" listed in 4TR then that is one palce where you are wrong. For a given "server" you only need one "tuner" listed .. think of it like a bridge/link to your mediaportal server.

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok I have six in Media Portal and One in for the record.. (i call it 4tr sorry)

Attachments

• mptv.png
      mptv.png
      86 KB

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok what else do I need to do?

FYI I uninstalled for the record and now can record up to six shows. Now can someone tell me where i am going wrong on the install/setup of for the record? I just want the EPG and ability to record NEW (ie no repeats/reruns) that for the record offers. Help...

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: For The Record 1.5

Is what 4TR?

Lets start over.
    Here is Mediaportal Config screen showing the tuners. Do you have your 6 tuners listed?

mediaportal.jpg

and here is 4TR
    4TR.jpg

What do you have....?

If you have more than one "tuner" listed in 4TR then that is one palce where you are wrong. For a given "server" you only need one "tuner" listed .. think of it like a bridge/link to your mediaportal server.

You need to select the "For the Record Recorder Tuner MMC" - those two screenshots don't have anything in common.
    And teletext support will follow (I've still asked for it), but there are still other things that need to be fixed. I'm also looking forward for this.
    For the Record has currently RC Status for version 1.6.0.0. I think the public release will follow the next weeks.

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    My last screen is of For the Records TV Tuners. Correct me if I am wrong but the MMC Tuner for the record has the same info as what is listed in the TV TUNER section of MMC for the record...

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    MMC management console and Tuner management console are two different programs. To get your tuners working, you need to do several things in the recorder.tuner MMC before you go to the basic MMC manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom