For The Record 1.6 (1 Viewer)

els

Portal Pro
May 9, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Three words to For The Record: Fantastico! Wonderful! Amazing!

dvdfreak. :)

Three words to For The Record: Fantastico! Wonderful! Amazing! Grateful for your help!

I only have a small problem to solve:
  1. For The Record, performs the scheduling if the HTPC (PC) Power ON.
  2. If the HTPC (PC) is on stand-by+hibernating (hybrid), does not start (HTPC (PC)) and does not perform scheduling.
Could you help me?

... els ... :D

Note: Attached log For The Record.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi dvdfreak,
    i have installed For The Record on my sinlgeseat machine with TV Server but only the sever components. Because i don't want to use the client, but the advanced recording features. I have scheduled some recordings in MP and after first scheduled redording from For The Record, all MP schedules are deleted. Isn't is possible to use both scheduling engines independend?
    Bye, Netexplorer.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    No, I'm afraid not. For The Record needs to be sure it can use TV server to its fullest, otherwise it would be impossible to perform the card allocation and handle priorities properly (since MP's own schedules could cause conflicts).

Is there any special reason you don't want to use the client?

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The reasons are, that i don't want change too much in MP to keep it stable as possible and the client don't support all features from gui. To schedule a manual recording is also not possible. Sometimes the EPG of ZDF is not present and at this time i cant't create a schedule. Anyway, you recommend to install the complete package. Is it possible to start the install procedure again, or should i deinstall For The Record first?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The installer will automatically uninstall it for you, and then you can re-install with all the options you like.

Yes, we can definitely still improve the For The Record client for MP, and we'll try to keep doing this! We did actually make both the client (and the recorder/tuner) open source, so if anyone wants to add something that's still missing and he are she really wants it soon, it can be done :)

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    There's a whole thread on possible standby issues on our forum:For The Record - View topic - Standby and power management. Perhaps you can find some help there.

Good luck! And thank you for the praise! :)
    dvdfreak.

I posted a request for help in the Forum 4TR:

"First: Excuse my English.
    Second: Congratulations on the excellent For The Record!
    Third: I need a help to wake the 4TR the stand-by:

Vista, 4TR 1.4.0.1., MediaPortal v1.0.2.22555, PowerScheduler Plugin Disable and PowerScheduler Client Plugin Disable.
    4TR works well in almost all the features.
    But when I go into standby mode (hybrid) the 4TR not wake the HPTC to run schedules.
    MP TVServer worked well under these conditions.
    When the HTPC is the Power On 4TR runs correctly schedules.
    I noticed that the HTPC enter into standy-by the log: For The Record Services Shutting Down.
    Could anyone help me?

Tks.

...els..."

Grateful and again if you can help, see my post:
    For The Record - View topic - Anyone out there who successfully uses standby with 4TR?!

...els...

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    I need a help to wake (Exiting Stand-By (hydride)) the 4TR the stand-by.

Referring to previous post:
    I would appreciate any help from friends ...
    Please.
    ...els...

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    STAND-BY Resolved

Referring to previous post:
    I would appreciate any help from friends ...
    Please.
    ...els...
    :D STAND-BY Resolved.

omayhemo

Portal Member
    August 13, 2009
    The problem I've had with 4thRecord is two fold.
    1.) The mysql connector is unbearably slow. Such that, it might as well not be included with release.
    2.) Despite having more than one tuner, if a recording is taking place, I can not play live TV.

The error states no free tuner card available. I have double checked my TVServer setup to ensure that all the channels are assigned to all of the tuners. When 4theRecord is not installed, this is not a problem.
    I searched the 4TR forums and the MP forums for an answer but found none. I spent two days trying to resolve it before removing 4TR. When I removed 4TR it took out the schedule database native to MP. IOW, all the schedules created prior to installing 4TR were wiped out. :oops:

I'm a little leery about trying it again at this point. For some reason MySQL db is not properly backing up. Until I fix that, I won't be risking another 4TR try.

If anyone could direct me to a solution, I'd love to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom