For The Record 1.6 (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    PVR-150 is an analog card if I'm not mistaken, so the CAM limit will not be looked at, as no simultaneous recordings can be made on an analog card.

So I'm not sure what your problem was with consecutive recordings, normally For The Record should simply stop and restart the recording for each program.
    And I don't see how TV server would be "better" at this, it won't be able to record the two shows simultaneously either.

Could you clarify how TV server does this better? Am I mistaken and can it actually record the two programs at once?

Actually TVE3 is currently able to record multiple programs on analog cards. But this is only available in a case where back-to-back recordings happen. I guess that is the difference the user is seeing between 4TR and TVE3. TVE3 doesn't have to wait for the first record to stop before the new recording can take place (and hence there is no missing seconds from the later recording on the same channel).

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    OK, that explains the comment then, I was not aware of this. We could potentially improve our card allocation algorithm to take this into account, so I'll put it on our list of things to look at. But to be honest, since analog is on its way out in the world I'm not inclined to give it a very high priority.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    OK, that explains the comment then, I was not aware of this. We could potentially improve our card allocation algorithm to take this into account, so I'll put it on our list of things to look at. But to be honest, since analog is on its way out in the world I'm not inclined to give it a very high priority.

Unfortunately analog is going to stay for a long time. Especially in USA, where lot of users have to use the cable company specific settop boxes and then route the analog out to the HTPC :(

MiamiBeach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Miami Beach, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    PVR-150 is an analog card if I'm not mistaken, so the CAM limit will not be looked at, as no simultaneous recordings can be made on an analog card.

So I'm not sure what your problem was with consecutive recordings, normally For The Record should simply stop and restart the recording for each program.
    And I don't see how TV server would be "better" at this, it won't be able to record the two shows simultaneously either.

Could you clarify how TV server does this better? Am I mistaken and can it actually record the two programs at once?
    Actually TVE3 is currently able to record multiple programs on analog cards. But this is only available in a case where back-to-back recordings happen. I guess that is the difference the user is seeing between 4TR and TVE3. TVE3 doesn't have to wait for the first record to stop before the new recording can take place (and hence there is no missing seconds from the later recording on the same channel).
    Yes, that is exactly what I meant, and for me it was a huge downside of For The Record. Sorry I didn't make it clear in the For The Record forums, I think the only detail I didn't mention (I didn't know how important it was) is my TV Tuner model.
    Yeah, that does suck indeed. OK, I guess that means I'll have to bump the priority of this item ;)
    Thank you. :D

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    No guarantees at all since I just did a small change and a recompile without testing (I have no analog card myself), but this recorder/tuner may fix the analog issue with back-to-back recordings (or not ;)).

Just let me know...

IMPORTANT: this is the recorder/tuner for MP 1.0.2, not for the 1.1 beta!

Attachments

• tvserver_rectuner-analogfix.zip
      30.7 KB

MiamiBeach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Miami Beach, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No guarantees at all since I just did a small change and a recompile without testing (I have no analog card myself), but this recorder/tuner may fix the analog issue with back-to-back recordings (or not ;)).

Just let me know...

IMPORTANT: this is the recorder/tuner for MP 1.0.2, not for the 1.1 beta!
    Wow, that was VERY impressive!

At first glance everything is working perfectly. I just did a couple of back-to-back recordings on the same channel and both recordings include the overlap period, just like TVE3 does. I will keep running it and let you know how it deals with everything else. Hopefully this fix will get included in future versions as well.

Thanks! :D

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Great! Keep me posted!

It goes without saying I'll include this fix in future releases, if it proves to work well :)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi dvdfreak,

I have a issue and found a work around.
    I have 2 floppyDVBs.
    When I installed the plugin all worked great.
    But after a couple of days, I couldn't look at live TV and not everything got recorded.
    So I took al look and found out only 1 flpooyDVB was recording.
    Even channels on the same mux could not be recorded.

What I then did, is was to add a 2nd recorder/tuner in fortherecord and all is ok again.
    But if I read the manual, I understood only 1 is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom