For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (1 Viewer)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
As I said, the recorder/tuner priority is exactly what you think it is, but once the recorder/tuner has more than once card (not the case in your setup I think), then TV server's priority takes effect for those cards.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok thanks for the info.

but I have another question. It's about EPG Grabbing :)

4TR CoreServices and the TV-Server is installed on my Server. I have now two questions.
    I have created an tvguide.xml on my client with webepg. I droped the xml file into the fortherecord folder. 4TR were
    importing the epg data just fine. My question now is how 4TR get's the newest XML file???

Normally webepg importer runs on the client and creates a new tvguide.xml and the tv-server imports the new data.

In my situation I think I have to grabb the epgdata from my server and save it into a sharedfolder so both TV-Servers can access the data.
    Am I right?
    If yes, what program can grabb the epg date (like webepg importer<- or maybe I can use this one with a batch file?! ) ?
    Do I have to copy this XML file also to the 4TR directory?!

Thanks 4 the Help so far! :)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    You only need to import the guide once -> on the machine that's running the core services. TV server is only used to do recording/streaming, to handle the cards, stop thinking about it doing anything else ;) The whole heart (or core) of the system is handled by For The Record, that's why we refer to the core services.

To grab the data you can still use WebEPG but you have to move the file to the For The Record XMLTV directory then. Or use an alternative grabber like mc2xml or the standard xmltv distribution.

Also, may I propose you take topics like these to our own forums? Other people would probably be able to help you further.

wolfie smith

Portal Member
    December 9, 2007
    Help to schedule recordings

hi all wondering if someone can help me,The problem i'm having is this when the server comes out of stanby with a schedule recording FTR say failed to tune in the console logs Hmm so i load the client machine goto the channel the schedule was on and works i can watch live tv so i do a manual recording same thing it the logs failed to tune to card etc im think how come i'm watching tv strange, but when i just goto to tvserver config screen and manual restart tvservice it records soi cant schedule a recording at all coz i have to restart tv service all the time but if i olny watch livetv it works from stanby but not the recording it seems that FTR is'nt re-starting the tvservice even though it is enabled in the FTR plugin i have no powerschedule enable at all and useing multi seat mode server and client 1.0.1 with all the FTR Files

wolfie smith

omayhemo

Portal Member
    August 13, 2009
    Deleted Recordings Groups

I like to group my recordings by Title, into folders.
    But when I delete a viewed program, although the recording is gone, the root folder still shows the program recording count erroneously as if the deleted recording still exists. Unless, I delete the recording through the 4TR MC.

For example, I have recorded 3 The Simpsons Episodes.
    I view one and delete it.
    The root folder says there are 3 recordings within, despite there only being 2.

Thanks

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Omayhemo: How do you delete the recording? Is it within FTR/MP or is it in windows explorer? If you delete it in explorer, FTR will still remember the recording, but since the file is non-existing, it will not show up in the plugin - If there are more than one recording packet together in a folder, the folder will however still show the total number of recordings, including the ones that have been deleted "the wrong way".

If you delete the recording through FTR, this should not happen. It doesn't happen on my setup.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Im out then, have not experience this myself. Probably one of the Developers can help. If they don't look in this thread, try opening one over at their own forum, 4therecord.eu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom