Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi guys
    I'm having an issue with the series 'Forever'
    MPTV series matches my folder 'Forever (2014)' to the incorrect series 'Forever (id71060)' instead of the correct series 'Forever (2014) (id281535).
    How can I force this?

p750mmx

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Add a tvshow.nfo file in the folder and edit with notepad, paste: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=281535&lid=7 and save. Remove the series from the mpTVseries database (using MP-TVSeries Configuration), and rescan the series. That should do the job. But if it still select the wrong one you can select it manual when scanning for series and choose ID 281535. << info not for mpTVseries, please ignore.

Edit: tvshow.nfo is used by some other free MediaSoftware I Guess (n) , my apologies ;) But maybe an NFO scan, done by mpTVseries while scanning series, could be a great plus? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @SpudR,

TVSeries matches by filename and not folder, does your filename have the series name 'Forever (2014)'? TVSeries also supports auto-matching by Alias but there is no aliases defined at thetvdb.com for Forever (2014).

@p750mmx, there is no nfo lookup support.

Last edited:

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had to rename Forever as the download was not named correctly. If I recall it was downloaded as Forever.US.s01e01 and i had to change each episode to Forever.2014.s0....

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks guys,
    The folders are named as Forever (2014) which I think is as theTVDB - the DLs are named as forever.SxxExx.720.blahblahblah... So I guess an auto import is not possible?

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had a similar problem with an Australian series called wonderland, auto import kept picking it up as Wonderland (an old UK show), even when putting the correct title down as you have, this was Wonderland (2013)

To fix mine I ran the MPTV Series configuration program and got it to scan all my shows using the scan option at the bottom, after it scans, the next page it gets to shows all your matched shows (page 2 of 4 I think), then look for your problem show of Forever and there should be a search box next to it so you can manually specify the correct show, it will probably show as matched but with what it thinks is correct, change this to the correct one

Since I did this in the configuration program, all new episodes of the show get named correctly, I just had to correct it the once

Sorry if you have tried this, just saw your post and it look identical to an issue I had

Cheers
    Paul

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The Configuration tool by design does not remember your parsed series, it only has that behaviour if you're in the MediaPortal GUI. You should not need to keep going to configuration to import your series. I have thought of adding auto-matching against existing parsed series names in configuration as well since this has come up before so I may do that in the near future.

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For mine it definitely remembered it after changing it once it the config utility
    files are named as Wonderland S01E01.avi etc, as default this auto matches with
    http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=83382&lid=7
    which is the wrong show
    I manually matched this once in the config utility to
    http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=271984&lid=7
    which is the correct series, all new files I add to my library automatically go now to the correct one, I don't need to use the config utility anymore, just iused it the once when first adding the show

Perhaps I did another step initially, but cant remember doing anything else, must be old age creeping up on me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread