Forum user stat: Update May05 - 7,800 members now (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Greetings to Frodo, MrMario64 and everyone helping to improve MediaPortal further!

tomtom21000

P.S:.: Reload of this page might be necessary

mp-user-stat3a.jpg

A

Anonymous

Interesting to see the number of new users dropping. September was obviously a good month. But the general trend is up. I think September was that good, because it was then that we really pushed our advertising with the new banners, etc.

Maybe time to push again somehow?

TomTom - is there anyway to monitor how many of the users are actually logging in every month, or even site visit stats for the main MP page. I think this is a good way to tell its success. I always think forum member numbers can be a bit misleading. Meedio always talks about how many thousands of forum members it has. Most of them are probably from the myHTPC days. I wonder how many are actually active users.

Anyway, thanks. Its always nice to see how we are doing.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Updated statistic to november :)
    And December is starting off with a lot of new members...

tomtom21000

P.S.: Forbes: I don´t have access to any board statistics or tools regarding on how often members login or how many haven´t posted for month.. I simply read it off the members list and make a graphic out of it.

A

Anonymous

Ok one question... Of that total number of users, how many of them have actually read and/or posted in the last 30 or 60 days? Without knowing that I think that number is a little... umm... useless??

You might want to see if you can track actual "usage" stats rather total number of users. Important usage stats might be:

* Number of unique posters (at least once in last 30 days)
    * Number of unique posters that have posted more than once (last 30)
    * Number of unique posters that have posted more than 10 times (last 30)
    * Number of unique users that have read at least one message in the last 30 days

Just something to ponder....

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    6,274 forum members on March, 31st, 2005.

This is an increase of 2,790 members in the first three month.
    This makes a plus of 80 %.

In comparison: Meedio has a total of 16,258 members and has had a member growth of only 1,194 members.
    (But don´t get this wrong, this is not a competition to meedio. I started myself with myHTPC and wish Pablo all the luck with meedio. There is room for more than one htpc soft. I´d rather see MP overtaking MCE - in users that is :) - in functions it already does)

BTW, the graphic on the statistic is in the first post!

PS: Just realized, that I should use a "," instead of a "." for english numbers.

tomtom

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Updated the forum statistic to May, 2005.
    (Graphic see first post, hit reload)

Forum members increase to 7,800 members
    And posted articles have nearing 40,000.

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread