FRITZ!Box CallMonitor v0.3.3.1 (2009-06-16) (2 Viewers)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys

i took a look to the code and did some "copy & paste" development. I using some code by mpod's isdn caller plugin and edited it to work with the fritzBox plugin.

What have i changed?
    1. I included the first steps for a small phonebook to see the name instead of the caller's number.

I would prefer using the fritzbox's own phonebook but i did not found a way to get it. i looked at the jFritz software but it seems that this does not get the phonebook from the box, too. It can get the box's call monitor.

2. i included some multilanguage stuff

Keep in mind in the last day, i only had time in the late evening. so it just want to provide my first version of the plugin
    There could be some bugs, in the next time i do some code cleanups and will fix some bugs, hopefully.

regards
    chefkoch

btw: this is also my first c# code i wrote, which is not nonsense. :D if someone wanna contribute something please reply or pm me.

EDIT: found yet some exceptions, will append the plugin later, so just for info now

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    first version released ;)

regards
    chefkoch

todo
    • fixing BUGs ;)
    • extreme code cleanups
    • add and change logging stuff
    • add some small options for the dialogs

changelog
    • v0.1a - initial public release
    • v0.1b - FIXED: your own CallerId was shown, not the one who calls you
    • v0.1c - FIXED: dialog was shown even if disabled, number was not replaced by name
    • v0.1d - FIXED: new numbers were not saved, if enabled, on exit
    • v0.1e - FIXED: MediaPortal was not closed properly on exit

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thanks chefkoch.

I installed and tested it shortly...unfortunately it didnt work...It showed no incoming calls on MP.

In the log I have the following lines (the x's are for saving privacy:):

2006-12-08 11:45:39.640625 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: received data: 08.12.06 11:45:52;RING;0;0152xxxxxxxx;xxxxxxx;POTS;

2006-12-08 11:45:39.640625 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: incoming call:
    2006-12-08 11:45:39.640625 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: DateTime: 08.12.06 11:45:52
    2006-12-08 11:45:39.640625 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: Phonebook is empty. Caller is added to the phonebook.
    2006-12-08 11:45:59.734375 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: received data: 08.12.06 11:46:12;DISCONNECT;0;0;

If I add this numer to my phonebook and check "Show this caller" it still doesnt show up in MP. Log says then:

2006-12-08 11:51:43.328125 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: received data: 08.12.06 11:51:56;RING;0;01xxxxxxxxxxxx;xxxxxxxx;POTS;

2006-12-08 11:51:43.328125 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: incoming call:
    2006-12-08 11:51:43.328125 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: DateTime: 08.12.06 11:51:56
    2006-12-08 11:51:43.328125 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: Caller is identified by phonebook as Testname.
    2006-12-08 11:51:43.328125 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: Caller is denied by phonebook and dialog won't be shown.

So hopefully this is helpful for you...

And a feature request I have too: It would be great to have some kind of import-function, maybe directly from jfritz or from Outlook. Second request: Show pictures to the callers. But both of course only when plugin is working properly .:)

Regards

Paloema

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Paloema

I got it working now (hope it).
    If you can confirm it, i will upload it to the repository.
    Note: while dialog is displayed, "2006-12-09 07:57:55.359375 [Info.][FritzBox Monitoring]: Main: DX9 re-entrant" is written in log file more than once :(, have to check why.

I thought about other address books, too. Ahm my vision (not only a job for me, cause i am only able to do such simple coding stuff) is that we will have CallerPlugins.

Each CallerPlugin is able to watch for calls on a special device (mPod's ISDN, FritzBox, ... other voip or tk-stuff or whatever). these devices sends their received data to the mainplugin.

The data would not only be incoming call, these could outgoing or whatever, too.

The main plugin now can search for the callerid in different sources for caller information. These are mp's own rudimental phonebook, outlook or an online lookup.

It could possible to record the call data, too. so you can check which call you missed or so on.

But these are only some thoughts, because i don't have the know-how, ;) otherwise i would use a CallingDatabase for phonebook, which is needed for features above and won't have the time to make such a full-featured-plugin. ;) i did not tested the changes for the core in last days like i wanted to do.

But it should be possible to implement the photo feature to the inbuilt phonebook. thought about to store them in thumbs\fritzbox or thumbs\phonebook and they should be named like the defined callername in plugin.

regards
    chefkoch

gemini

Portal Member
    September 23, 2006
    Eppingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Little bug, a feature request, and a question

Hi Chefkoch,
    Great work. I love the plug-in! It is great to connect the various hardware on the home network. Please keep the work up.

Here a little bug

When I get a call from a number without an image in the thumbs folder, no image is show in the pop-up. That is as expected.
    However, when the number w/o images is calling after someone who has an image assigned, the image of that last caller is shown again instead of no image.

There's a feature request

When I get a call without caller-id, the fritzbox end "unbekannt" (unknow). I created and images for that (unbekannt.jpg) and it works fine. This is much easy to see from the couch that the small text. ;)
    Now I was wondering if we could have the same for caller-IDs that don't have an image assigned yet - maybe "new.jpg".
    I would consider this "nice to have", because when you fix the bug above, these callers will have no image and therefore can also be classified from the couch.

And finally, a question

I'm not 100% sure, but I seems that the alert does only pop-up on home screen, video and TV, but not on music "current title" view. I'm not sure, because I could not test this in detail because my familiy wanted to use the media PC.
    Are there any limitation where the pop-up shows?

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Gemini

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi gemini

:D for your comments.

Great work. I love the plug-in! It is great to connect the various hardware on the home network. Please keep the work up.
    :D

Here a little bug

When I get a call from a number without an image in the thumbs folder, no image is show in the pop-up. That is as expected.
    However, when the number w/o images is calling after someone who has an image assigned, the image of that last caller is shown again instead of no image.
    Should be fixed now ;) .

There's a feature request

When I get a call without caller-id, the fritzbox end "unbekannt" (unknow). I created and images for that (unbekannt.jpg) and it works fine. This is much easy to see from the couch that the small text. ;)
    Now I was wondering if we could have the same for caller-IDs that don't have an image assigned yet - maybe "new.jpg".
    I would consider this "nice to have", because when you fix the bug above, these callers will have no image and therefore can also be classified from the couch.
    I added two special filenames as caller images:
    _unknown : Is used when the caller can't be identified.
    _noImage : Is used if no image was found.​

The file extension does not matter. You can use png files, too, for transparency.
    Please rename you unbekannt image to _unknown. Changed this, because if you test or use temporary another language the image won't be found.

And finally, a question

I'm not 100% sure, but I seems that the alert does only pop-up on home screen, video and TV, but not on music "current title" view. I'm not sure, because I could not test this in detail because my familiy wanted to use the media PC.
    Are there any limitation where the pop-up shows?
    No, the plugin tries always to show the notify. Did not noticed that it isn't not shown sometimes. If it is so, please report me. Then i will have to look at it.

FritzBox 0.2c released:
    • added support for special caller pictures (_unknown , _noImage)
    • added preview for the caller picture in configuration
    • fixed: if caller is unknown, caller picture of the last identified was shown (thx gemini)
    • fixed: notify not shown if, if another one with same identified caller was shown before

Note: first i wanted to build a special version for 0.2.2.0 release. I tested the uploaded one a bit with 0.2.2.0, but not sure if all is okay. Please report any issues if you are using 0.2.2.0 or update to latest svn.

best regards
    chefkoch

gemini

Portal Member
    September 23, 2006
    Eppingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Chefkoch,
    thanks for the quick reaction. I'm looking forward for the new version.

So far I only used your plug-in with 0.2.2.0 and it worked fine most of the time. Sometimes, as said earlier, the pop-up did not show, but I can't exclude that the issues is on my network, because I changed several things there over the last couple of days. I'll keep reporting.

BTW: I have a wide-screen TV and therefore need a 16:9 skin. I prefer Boilermaker's mce1280x720. Your plug-in seem to work fine with his RC for 0.2.2.0, but is not on his list of officially supported/working plug-ins (see post #315 in this thread). Would it be possible that you collaborate with Boilermaker? That would be great. :cool:

Best regards,
    Gemini

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom