FUBAR - Newbie and would love to get this working (1 Viewer)

Mat1102

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Hello,

Downloaded Media Portal a few weeks back and am loving it, but still trying to get my head around some parts. Anyway, all working great, and using airmouse on the iphone as a control.

I stumbled into PCWorld for a new drive arrary yesterday, and stumbled out with an Ipad instead, so decided it was time to look for a great control. Thinking for sure there wouldn't be any interface just how I wanted it, then found ipimp - great "app-ish" cheezey - just what I was looking for.

The only problem I have is when I play video from either iphone or ipad I get a fubar message. MP is playing video fine when using the mouse, but when using Ipimp it crashes about 2 seconds (if less) after play starts on the TV. Connection etc works fine and can see a list of movies.

MP build is 1.0.2.0
iPimp is 4.2.0.484

Not made adjustements for ipad in the code yet, all code is native - although I do feel the need to get a graphical interface going!

not sure where to grab log files from, but the ipimp error is as follows.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Jayrock.Json.JsonObject'.
at Website.MyVideosPlay.PlayVideo(String wa, String friendly, String
movieID) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website \iPhone\MPClient\MyVideosPlay.aspx.vb:line 92 at Website.MyVideosPlay.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev \vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient \MyVideosPlay.aspx.vb:line 68 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Am I supposed to have intalled something else?

many thanks :sorry:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Nothing else should be required. Can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs. Then go back to PC World and buy me an ipad. :D

Mat1102

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Thanks Cheezie, I will have a read and see what I can, but only thing I can find is the post at the bottom of the page with the same error - refering to D drive - D not installed on that machine.

Sorry just checked and pcworld are out!:eek:

As in the post on Ipads below, please see ipad icon for you if its any use.....

I will come back and see if I can post some logs

cheers and "a great app"

Mat
apple-pad-icon.png

Mat1102

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Hiya,

Hope this is the one that you want...I will read it, but am sure it will make little sence!

Cheers

2010-05-29 23:54:39.953125 [ERROR][15]: Exception :Error in the application.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
2010-05-29 23:54:39.953125 [ERROR][15]: Exception :Error in the application.
2010-05-29 23:54:39.968750 [ERROR][15]: site :Void BeginScene()
2010-05-29 23:54:39.968750 [ERROR][15]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
2010-05-29 23:54:39.968750 [ERROR][15]: stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
2010-05-29 23:54:47.296875 [ERROR][15]: Exception :Error in the application.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
2010-05-29 23:54:47.296875 [ERROR][15]: Exception :Error in the application.
2010-05-29 23:54:47.312500 [ERROR][15]: site :Void BeginScene()
2010-05-29 23:54:47.312500 [ERROR][15]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
2010-05-29 23:54:47.312500 [ERROR][15]: stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
2010-05-29 23:55:14.515625 [ERROR][15]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2010-05-29 23:55:14.593750 [ERROR][15]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(String strFile)
at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.FakePlayer.MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.IPlayer.Play(String strFile)
at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.Play(Int32 iSong)
at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.PlayNext()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovie(Int32 idMovie)
at MPClientController.MPClientController.Video.StartPlaying()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
2010-05-29 23:55:14.593750 [ERROR][15]: Exception :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2010-05-29 23:55:14.609375 [ERROR][15]: site :Boolean Play(System.String)
2010-05-29 23:55:14.609375 [ERROR][15]: source :Core
2010-05-29 23:55:14.609375 [ERROR][15]: stacktrace: at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(String strFile)
at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.FakePlayer.MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.IPlayer.Play(String strFile)
at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.Play(Int32 iSong)
at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.PlayNext()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovie(Int32 idMovie)
at MPClientController.MPClientController.Video.StartPlaying()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

and here is the mp log

log

Thanks

Mat1102

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
uninstalled MP and installed 1.1 rc 3 and Ipimp 4.2.0.484 for MP 1.1 RC1

As noted in recent ipimp thread, ipimp version rc1 works in rc3, but I am still getting the same errors, although video does play for a few seconds up to about 30 seconds.

Here is the error log and I will keep looking for solution but if anyone could give some guidance (i don't have a clue regarding error logs) then it would be most helpful.

I can use ipimp to control and play films using the remote element, but when I select a film from the "my video" and choose play it gves a fubar errror still - line 92 and line 68 of myvideosplay.aspx (in that order).

MP error log is here - click to open

Any pointers would be good, and I will carry on reading what i can....

Checked code and other reported errors - this is the same problem with movingpictures (sorry if thats obvious, but I am starting to understand)....:oops:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
What type of file type is this? An .avi, .mkv? Or a DVD VIDEO_TS folder & .ifo?

And you get the same with Moving Pictures with the same videos?

Mat1102

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Hiya,

its a video_ts folder - i can play the video using my mouse and the remote from ipimp, I get the error when I select a film from the list in ipimp and click play on the next screen. I can't play any videos this way.

The error report I have is line 92 and 68 of myvideosplay.aspx - Having read all the posts on this section of the forum, a similar problem was reported in relation to the moving pictures control - (mine doesnt open, but then I havent installed the plug in?)

.....having checked the VB files for both, the modules use essentially the same code. So my error and the other error appear to be either the same problem, or a similar problem with the same code in two differnt vb modules. I went through the code, but to be honest its above my head as I don't know what the vars and functions are!!! :D

Here's the line, but from the code I've compaired it to in other modules, it appears to be passing the right vars????

response = uWiMP.TVServer.MPClientRemoting.SendSyncMessage(friendly, mpRequest)

Cheers

Mat

PS edited a large number if times due to dyslexia

Mat1102

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Hi Cheezey,

Not sure if its any help but for completeness, but I installed moving pictures to see if ipimp worked that way and got the following error - not expecting an imediate fix, but thought it might help to report them....(both on iphone and ipad)

This occurs when trying to get a list of films (any option)

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Jayrock.Json.JsonObject'.
at Website.MovingPicturesListCertifications.DisplayMovingPicturesCertifications(String friendly) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MovingPicturesListCertifications.aspx.vb:line 86 at Website.MovingPicturesListCertifications.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MovingPicturesListCertifications.aspx.vb:line 66 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

In addition, I am getting the following when I try to view currently playing....

Cannot import Website.uWiMP.TVServer.MPClient.BigMovieInfo from a JSON String value.
at Jayrock.Json.Conversion.Converters.ImporterBase.ThrowNotSupported(JsonTokenClass clazz) at Jayrock.Json.Conversion.Converters.ImporterBase.ImportFromString(ImportContext context, JsonReader reader) at Jayrock.Json.Conversion.Converters.ImporterBase.Import(ImportContext context, JsonReader reader) at Jayrock.Json.Conversion.ImportContext.Import(Type type, JsonReader reader) at Jayrock.Json.Conversion.JsonConvert.Import(Type type, JsonReader reader) at Jayrock.Json.Conversion.JsonConvert.Import(Type type, String text) at Website.NowPlaying.GetVideoCoverArt(String friendly, String movieID, String type) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 538 at Website.NowPlaying.PlayingVideo(String friendly, JsonObject jo, String type) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 202 at Website.NowPlaying.GetNowPlaying(String wa, String friendly) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 96 at Website.NowPlaying.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 70 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Not sure this is any use and I know your looking at your streaming at present. If you want me to test anything in the future for you, please let me know.

All works fine on the ipad (subject to above errors - sorry) with the width change adjustement. Only a cosmetic point, but the remote buttons load to the top left, and would look better if it was centred either horizontally, or both

Regards adn keep up the good work.

regards

mat

Mat1102

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Ahhh Ha ..... looks like the mpclientcontroller.dll isn't registered.

Tried registering it and I get a
MPClientController.dll was loaded, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file can not be registered

Will play again tomorrow as its late and not going looking for a dll's now, as i would have to stay up and test....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom