FUBAR - Newbie and would love to get this working (1 Viewer)

Mat1102

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Ahhh ha,

Just a quick update....after rebuilding compter following it's excapades earlier this week.

Windows XP SP 1, 2, 3 plus various other windows updates installed clean
MP 1.1.0 RC1 installed (with all necessary downloads) and working perfectly from mouse.
Ipimp installed 1.1.0 RC1
Updated MPClientControll.dll to moving pictures version
Moving pictures 1.0.4 (1070)

Nothing else on machine except driver updates (and an explorer update)

Almost all systems working except play from "my video" and "moving pictures" from ipimp

I can use the remote buttons to control everything (not including the rest of the world (yet!!)) from ipimp
I can get lists of films, cover art etc from ipimp

I just cant use "play" from either list of films. I feel like I'm almost there, and then someone reaches for the grater! ;)

Anything obvious Cheezey?

Should I be using RC2's of ipimp and MP to use the updated mpclientcontrol.dll?

Great news on your streaming update btw - not a huge feature for me, but I can see others are excited about it and a great achievement!!!

Cheers

Mat

GGGGGGRRRRR @ me for playing

went to admin>ipimp settings> and switched off the media portal clients and can't now logon!!!!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
GGGGGGRRRRR @ me for playing

went to admin>ipimp settings> and switched off the media portal clients and can't now logon!!!!

:D

Playing about is how we all learn though!!

I can't understand why changing that setting would stop you logging on but you can revert the change by editing C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\web.config

locate the line

Code:
<add key="USEMPCLIENT" value="false"/>

and change the value to true (lower case).

As for your ongoing Video escapades....are all your videos essentially DVD VIDEOTS folders or do you have some ripped .AVI/.MKV etc? (sorry if I've asked that before).

Mat1102

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Yet again thanks Cheezey - checked webconfig and the pagesize was set to "". Problem corrected - doh!

All files are video TS folders - I added a test avi and same problem - please don't waste any time on this, clearly you have bigger fish to stream at present. i think its sometimes useful to publish things like this problem to help others I'm chuffed with it as is, but would be nice to resolve last issue if I can.

Will post log files later as hyperactive child dancing in front of TV is slightly offputting :D

silentman

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Collierville
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Matt and Cheezey,

I actually have the same issue. But here is my take on it.

Basic Info:

I have two mediaportal PC's, both have music, movies and videos shared between the two. But my primary server is Windows Vista Ultimate and on my main PC i have Windows 7 professional.

Two weeks ago when i got my IPAD, i tried to install the Server and Plugin on my Windows 7 box, and then install just the client on the my Vista Ultimate machine, that is kinda like my server with all my drives in it.

Well when I installed it this way, i could browse both clients and start movies on both clients, but after I selected the movie, the website in apache crashed and I had to reboot or reset apache to get it back.

So I just tabled it for a few weeks and i got bored last night and did it a different way.

I uninstalled IPIMP from both machines, the upgraded to the new MediaPortal build 1.1.0 RC5. I then downloaded the IPIMP 5.0.0.550 MP 1.1.0 RC4, and the IPIMP 5.01 Patch.

So this time I installed the webserver for IPIMP and everything on my Windows Vista Machine. I then just installed the IPIMP plugin on my Windows 7 machine.

Well the website works flawless on the Vista Ultimate Machine and I can start stop movies, look in moving pictures, i can do everything and i get no errors.

But with my Windows 7 machine when I click on Moving Pictures, and then click any of the selections to sort with, I get the same error above that Mat got.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Jayrock.Json.JsonObject'.
at Website.MovingPicturesListGenres.DisplayMovingPicturesGenres(String friendly) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MovingPicturesListGenres.aspx.vb:line 86
at Website.MovingPicturesListGenres.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MovingPicturesListGenres.aspx.vb:line 66
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Now here is some more information. Since I can recreate on the Windows 7 box, i installed process monitor, so I could see what was going on in the background. At the exact same time I click the button for example, View Movies by Genre, and this is in the Moving Pictures, Process Monitor gets an error below:

This is the error windows gives you:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: mediaportal.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.9.14244
Problem Signature 03: 4c21afb9
Problem Signature 04: MPClientController
Problem Signature 05: 5.0.0.534
Problem Signature 06: 4c114366
Problem Signature 07: 36
Problem Signature 08: 2a9
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

This is the error Process Monitor Gives you:

"FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS" on the dw20.exe file in the Microsoft .net folder.

Let me know if there is any other data you need Cheezey.

Great work, Really awesome.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Post your MediaPortal.log file from your Windows7 box, that should have a stack dump of the crash which will help debug this.

silentman

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Collierville
Home Country
Dangit!!!

Sorry I wasted your time. I ran a compare against the two mediacenters.

The windows 7 box, was using the wrong version of Moving Pictures.

I didn't notice it until you had me send you the log. I had logging turned on for error only, so it wasn't writing anything out.

Sorry about that. But sometimes this is the only way to fix it, just write it down and figure it out.

silentman

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Collierville
Home Country
Well wait a minute:

After I upgraded the version of Moving Pictures, now it crashes after I select the movie and play it.

But my other machine actually keeps working after that.

Attached is the log file.

The message I get on the website is this:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Jayrock.Json.JsonObject'.

at Website.MovingPicturesPlay.PlayVideo(String wa, String friendly, String movieID) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MovingPicturesPlay.aspx.vb:line 92 at Website.MovingPicturesPlay.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\MovingPicturesPlay.aspx.vb:line 68 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Attachments

• Mediaportal_silentmanerror2.txt
    41.2 KB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Your logs show you're playing a DVD - does this happen with just DVDs or with video files like AVI/MKV etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom