GeckoBrowser v0.1 [21-04-2010] *NEW* (2 Viewers)

fabs

Portal Pro
April 27, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: GeckoBrowser v0.1 [21-04-2010] *NEW*

bump :/ problem still exists

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Well, obviously the GeckoBrowser isn´t developed any further ;)
    Please try BrowseTheWeb, which does work ;)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Duo to the request from PsychoReptile, i made a new WebBrowser version (Attached .RAR), with some bugfixes, for the new MediaPortal 1.2 Beta. This version is only usable with the MediaPortal 1.2 Pre-Beta (1.1.6.27644) or higher. If there are some request for a Mediaportal 1.1 version, i'll make a separate version.

But as catavolt said: Use BrowseTheWeb, as i can't guarantee updates for both web browsers (WebBrowser and GeckoBrowser).

Anyway, here is the changelog and the .RAR Package is attached to the first post ;)
    Code:
    Version v0.62 (15.03.2011):

[*] MediaPortal 1.2 compatible
      [-] Fixed white screen, when opening WebBrowser
      [-] Fixed .net error, on link click
      [i] Only for MediaPortal 1.1.6.27644 (MediaPortal 1.2 Pre-Beta) and up

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: GeckoBrowser v0.1 [21-04-2010] *NEW*

Which browser is recommended then... I only use the browser for viewing web pages from InfoService at the moment ;)
    Then i would suggest to use the WebBrowser plugin, because i think it is not so laggy on some pages like the GeckoBrowser plugin. I've never used BrowseTheWeb, as i do also only view web pages and for that, the WebBrowser plugin is all i need. But BrowseTheWeb has much more features.

For people who are surfing with MePo, use BrowseTheWeb or GeckoBrowser.
    For people who are just viewing website, from InfoService, just use the WebBrowser plugin.

The problem with both (WebBrowser and GeckoBrowser) is that they use old api's. I mean the Web Browser Control which i use, uses an old COM interface... and the GeckoFX control for GeckoBrowser isn't updated since August 2008. I thought i could do much more with the GeckoFX control, but as it turned out, it's exactly the same as with the Web Browser control (old api's, no bugfixes, only have to use nasty workarounds) :/

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Chris, just tested the new version v0.62 and I've found a little problem.
    The default preset values for WebBrowser in InfoService (Advanced Config) are incorrect.

Window ID: 16002 - ok.
    #webbrowser.link should be #webbrowser.link.url
    #webbrowser.zoom should be #webbrowser.link.zoom

Oh, and what can these be used for: #webbrowser.status, webbrowser.link.shorturl, #webbrowser.link.icon
    :D

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Mh there is something weird going on here :D I must check this tomorrow. For now you can use the "other" option for WebBrowser at set your properties in the grid view.

• #webbrowser.link.url: Complete url of the actual web-page.
    • #webbrowser.link.zoom: Zoom value.
    • #webbrowser.link.icon: Favicon.ico path
    • #webbrowser.link.shorturl: Shows the short url. For ex. http://www.google.de/sub1/sub2/sub3 would be Google
    • #webbrowser.status: Shows the status of web-page loading

Now: Sleeping time :D

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    That's what I did, used other with the properties above ;)
    It's just the default (built-in) settings for WebBrowser were incorrect.

Here's another question :p in the log there are warnings about missing buttons, are thes required for the WebBrowser.xml. There is only a background image in it atm.

[collapse]2011-03-16 09:20:28.166953 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Mustayaluca\webbrowser.xml' is missing control id 2 (window property: btnBack)
    2011-03-16 09:20:28.170954 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Mustayaluca\webbrowser.xml' is missing control id 3 (window property: btnForward)
    2011-03-16 09:20:28.175954 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Mustayaluca\webbrowser.xml' is missing control id 4 (window property: btnRefresh)
    2011-03-16 09:20:28.179954 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Mustayaluca\webbrowser.xml' is missing control id 5 (window property: btnStop)
    2011-03-16 09:20:28.183954 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Mustayaluca\webbrowser.xml' is missing control id 6 (window property: btnHome)
    2011-03-16 09:20:28.188955 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Mustayaluca\webbrowser.xml' is missing control id 7 (window property: btnFav)
    2011-03-16 09:20:28.192955 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Mustayaluca\webbrowser.xml' is missing control id 8 (window property: btnUrl)
    2011-03-16 09:20:28.524974 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Webbrowser: Open webbrowser with link: BBC News - Libya: UK no-fly zone proposal to enter UN talks[/collapse]

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The first post contains the changed version. The WebBrowser is now using the same properties as in InfoService.
    I wanted to add an auto zoom feature, which will zoom the web page to the correct vertical size (avoiding unused space of every website on the left and right), but unfortunately it doesn't work on some websites properly :/ I think this would be a great addition, because then there is no need to zoom in every web page your are browsing.

Skin Properties:
    [COLLAPSE]
    #webbrowser.link: Complete url of the actual web-page.
    #webbrowser.zoom: Zoom value.
    #webbrowser.icon: Favicon.ico path
    #webbrowser.shorturl: Shows the short url. For ex. http://www.google.de/sub1/sub2/sub3 would be Google
    #webbrowser.status: Shows the status of web-page loading
    [/COLLAPSE]
    Skinning Notes:
    [COLLAPSE]
    Back Button -> Control ID 2
    Forward Button -> Control ID 3
    Refresh Button -> Control ID 4
    Stop Button -> Control ID 5
    Home Button -> Control ID 6
    Open URL Button -> Control ID 8

100 Pixels above the browser window can be used to place the buttons.
    50 Pixels below the browser window can be used to place the status messages.
    [/COLLAPSE]

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    All working nicely now, thanks :D

Attachments

• 44.jpg
      44.jpg