Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can this plugin map the F9 keyboard button so it acts the same as the info button on the MCE remote?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    so what does this mean to fix the problem? I am having it too

Problem is in enumeration of MP window id's. Because new GUI settings introduced new window names for better understanding (old names was not so clear), but not to break old naming system for 1.3.0 (in 1.4.0 old names will be removed) now exists few same window id's with different names (old one is marked in code as depreciated) which in this plugin causing exception because it takes one by one window id and as id is some kind of index it must be unique and we end on exception of already existing id.

So to skip those duplicates we must skip old windows in MPwindow enumeration with
    case (int)GUIWindow.Window.WINDOW_SETTINGS_SCREEN:
    case (int)GUIWindow.Window.WINDOW_SETTINGS_SLIDESHOW:
    case (int)GUIWindow.Window.WINDOW_SETTINGS_GUI:
    case (int)GUIWindow.Window.WINDOW_SETTINGS_SKIN:
    case (int)GUIWindow.Window.WINDOW_SETTINGS_SKIPSTEPS:
    continue;

@rsenden needs to take care of this in code and all will be ok after (but it should be compiled specially for 1.3.0B against it's dlls).

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Can this plugin map the F9 keyboard button so it acts the same as the info button on the MCE remote?

It actually translate remote button code to an MP action (with extra conditions) but I think you can also remap keyboard to a different action :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I want to remap keyboard F9 key to send the mce info button code, then have mp handle the event using it's default settings.

Reason I am requesting this is for unified remote support, the info button on unified remote currently sends the F9 keystroke to mediaportal, but I'm wondering if there is a way to modify this, either at the unified remote end of the mp end, so that it can behave in the same way as the mce remote info button.

http://www.unifiedremote.com/

http://support.unifiedremote.com/tickets/437

The info button behaves better than the F9 key. For example when watching full screen video, pressing info button once will bring up the video osd, pushing it a 2nd time will bring up the F9 context menu, pressing a 3rd time will go back to full screen video.

Last edited:

rsenden

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    Rotterdam, NL
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

Glad to see that people are still interested in this plugin, and even creating new builds to support the latest version of MediaPortal. Due to a recent change of hardware (for which I no longer need KeyboardInputPlugin) and lack of time, I will probably no longer develop updates for this plugin.

So if anyone is interested in stepping in, please let us know. The source code for the plugin is available in the standard MediaPortal plugins SVN at https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/KeyboardInputPlugin/; see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...evelopment/Subversion_(SVN)#Plugin_Repository for more information about this repository.

If you update the plugin, please also update the MPE Installer package (the necessary files are available in SVN as well); MPE installer loads the necessary files from the SVN plugins repository.

Best regards,
    Ruud

Achilleas

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    First of all, thanks rsenden for this great plugin!
    It is the only and best solution to work with the Terratec remote control editor (with no extra software needed). It transformed the terratec remote to an MCE remote! :)
    I just wanted to ask if anyone...
    a) has been able to map the "AV" button in order to work the same way as it would in a real TV remote. I mean when pressing the AV button on TV, it would switch to s-video/composite
    b)has mapped channel buttons (1,2,3,4,5,....channel +, channel -) for the radio plugin. I have tried condition: window: "radio" and action: "next channel" but it doesn't work...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom