Getting no artwork/metadata at all? [bug] (1 Viewer)

Andy22

Portal Member
September 10, 2011
Plz screenshot ...
database.jpg settings.jpg

Delete DB, make settings, Try import and Try reimport ...

Thats what i already did like 7 times, i did a full clean reinstall of MP+MP-TV with version 1.8, 1.13, 1.15, 1.16. Each reinstall had a full uninstall including deleting the whole ProgrammData/Team MediaPortal folder, while afterwards i only installed MP-TV plugin and setup a single import folder with 3 files.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Hmmm, try set 1920x1080 and reimport from Settings ...
    TheTVDBId set or not?

Andy22

Portal Member
    September 10, 2011
    Hmmm, try set 1920x1080
    Did nothing

and reimport from Settings ...
    Thats what i also always try after just starting MP, i delete the database again and try the same just from inside mp-tv-settings ui. Always get the same result no artwork and no metadata, except for the name + tvdbid.

TheTVDBId set or not?
    You mean the "Account ID" ? Yes i tried to set and not set it, does not help.

Here you can see that it matches the files, but never gets any metadata and artwork? The match uses tvdb and gets the id, but somehow thats all the import does?
    import.jpg

Last edited:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Try ticking all the "download ..." options under 'Artwork' - they are all unticked - just to see if you can get something downloaded

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    1. Verify logging is set to debug
    2. Clear logs
    3. Reproduce problem with the minimum amount of data (import just one show with one episode for example on a clean install)
    4. Provide all the logs in a nice ZIP file

Four simple steps to allows others to know why your system fails when it works for everybody else just fine.

Andy22

Portal Member
    September 10, 2011
    1. Verify logging is set to debug
    How do i check/set this?

2. Clear logs
    Already did this like 20 times.

3. Reproduce problem with the minimum amount of data (import just one show with one episode for example on a clean install)
    Already did this several times.

4. Provide all the logs in a nice ZIP file
    Also already posted logs+watchdog zip with the minimal setup, (zip is on page 1)

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Your system is unable to get the data required as per:

2017-03-01 13:22:12.766 [INFO][08]: Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/updates/updates_all.zip : The operation has timed out

It is able to connect to the http://thetvdb.com website as per:

2017-03-01 13:21:51.707 [DEBG][05]: Retrieving Data from: http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Vikings&language=all

Because you can see the XML output a few lines below that entry.

That means something is wrong in your setup when it connects at API level to get the data from TheTVdB servers.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    2017-03-01 13:22:12.766 [INFO][08]: Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/updates/updates_all.zip : The operation has timed out
    From TheTVDb:
    The Update Records contain all of the series, episode, and banner records that have been updated in a specific timeframe. They include the id of the series or episode that was updated or the pertinent banner information. There is also a time attribute on the root item that designates when the update file was created. This can be used to compared with the next update.

To reduce the load on the server, you should use the smallest one possible. For example, if you updated the client database a few hours ago, you should use the _day file instead of the _week, _month, or _all file. All Update Records are also provided in zip format. Please use these whenever possible to conserve bandwidth and client download time.
    updates_all.zip
    All updates (excludes episodes)
    Compressed 1.7 MiB
    API:Update Records - TvDBwiki

Andy22

Portal Member
    September 10, 2011
    That means something is wrong in your setup when it connects at API level to get the data from TheTVdB servers.

Oki that explains the results, but isn't MP2.1 also using those same zip files/api or does it work differently?
    Any idea what could cause such a problem? Everything else seems to work just fine.
    I suspect it has something to-do with how MP-TV downloads those zip files. I can't tell if other mediacenters/tools like Kodi/Emby/MP2.1/tinyMediaManager/Sonarr utilizing those zip files, but all of those work just fine on my system using tvdb and are able to get the metadata + artwork. So this problem seems to-be specific to how MP1 + MP-TV utilizing the tvdb api.

Thx for your time looking over those logs btw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom