Getting ortek mce remote to work better | Page 2

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by enchant, July 19, 2018.

1. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +963 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    The "install.bat" file makes two attempts to copy the shortcut to the start-up folder. It first tries to copy it to the "All users" start-up folder. If that fails, the bat file then tries to copy the shortcut to the current user's start-up folder. At least, that is how it is supposed to work.

Did you look in both start-up folders? I have not tested this on a non-English system, so there might be some problem with it.

This is a known problem, but there is no known solution. :( I regret that I don't know why the "!" key is not interpreted correctly, and I have not yet found a way of altering the definition of the "!" key so that it shows the video statistics when not in the on-screen keyboard.

On my own system, I have defined the "#" button on the remote control to display the video statistics (and I have defined "*" to take a screenshot), like this:

show_stats.jpg

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. LionHe

LionHe Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Show System Specs
    @CyberSimian
    The file is not copied in neither folders.
    Anyway, it is not a big deal as i have to copy it once.

Many thanks for your image. I also modified the # key on the remote and it worked immediately.
    LionHe

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI GRA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

4. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +963 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    The two start-up folders that "install.bat" uses are these:

Code (Text):
    1. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

The first is the "All users" start-up folder, and the second is the current user's start-up folder. Do these folders exist on your system? I am wondering if they have different names on your version of Windows.

I know that this is only a small problem. Nevertheless, I would like to fix it if the source of the problem can be identified. Thanks.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

5. LionHe

LionHe Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Show System Specs
    @CyberSimian
    I verified that the directories actually are present (I did not reaize at first that in explorer the name of paths is localized but in the CMD window it isn't). I removed the link in order to perform the test and ... it worked: install.bat copies the file in the right place and uninstall removes it.
    I do not know what happened earlier.
    Therefore everything is ok.
    Thank you again for your prompt assistance,
    LionHe

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!