Getting ortek mce remote to work better (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the install.bat script reports success but the link is not copied in the startup directory.
    The "install.bat" file makes two attempts to copy the shortcut to the start-up folder. It first tries to copy it to the "All users" start-up folder. If that fails, the bat file then tries to copy the shortcut to the current user's start-up folder. At least, that is how it is supposed to work.

Did you look in both start-up folders? I have not tested this on a non-English system, so there might be some problem with it.

I am unable to use the ! (exclamation mark) key during reproduction in order to see the frame rate overlay.
    This is a known problem, but there is no known solution. :( I regret that I don't know why the "!" key is not interpreted correctly, and I have not yet found a way of altering the definition of the "!" key so that it shows the video statistics when not in the on-screen keyboard.

On my own system, I have defined the "#" button on the remote control to display the video statistics (and I have defined "*" to take a screenshot), like this:

show_stats.jpg

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

LionHe

Portal Member
    April 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @CyberSimian
    The file is not copied in neither folders.
    Anyway, it is not a big deal as i have to copy it once.

Many thanks for your image. I also modified the # key on the remote and it worked immediately.
    LionHe

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI GRA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The file is not copied in neither folders.
    The two start-up folders that "install.bat" uses are these:

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

The first is the "All users" start-up folder, and the second is the current user's start-up folder. Do these folders exist on your system? I am wondering if they have different names on your version of Windows.

I know that this is only a small problem. Nevertheless, I would like to fix it if the source of the problem can be identified. Thanks.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

LionHe

Portal Member
    April 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @CyberSimian
    I verified that the directories actually are present (I did not reaize at first that in explorer the name of paths is localized but in the CMD window it isn't). I removed the link in order to perform the test and ... it worked: install.bat copies the file in the right place and uninstall removes it.
    I do not know what happened earlier.
    Therefore everything is ok.
    Thank you again for your prompt assistance,
    LionHe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom