Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (1 Viewer)

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    d-fader: The next version of my Worldmap plugin will come with a sms text insertion as well. I managed that be replacing the virtualkeyboard dynamically with my own one. Additionally this keyboard is placeable by changing his location property.

If you are interested I can send you the file and a short code sample how to use it. In this way our plugins will act the same way.

The implementation is not absolutely perfect right now but seems to work well. There is also another slight change: the cursor left does is the backspace key as long as it is not required for key button navigation. The same is with the cursor up key which toggles the shift mode.

Bye
    Lars

d-fader

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2006
    I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you are interested I can send you the file and a short code sample how to use it. In this way our plugins will act the same way.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Maybe it's a good idea to inform the core developers of MP that the virtual keyboard should support SMS styled input, so everywhere the SMS input can be used (something that should've worked from the start :))

For now, I would like to see/use your code, feel free to e-mail me!

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok. Just send me a PM with your email address. With the forum internal email function i am not able to attach files.

Bye
    Lars

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great stuff - I'd be very interested in a good working SMS style input, too. This would be very handy to improve the tve3's scheduler screen and adding tag/artist-radio streams to last.fm :)

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D
    Just "pm" me your email address and I will send the file. Under the line it is still the normal virtualkeyboard just with some "enhancements". That means it uses still the same skin files and so on...

For normal keyboard use it does not change much because it reacts only on the REMOTE_0 ... REMOTE_9 actions.

But we are getting offtopic...

Bye
    Lars

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well,

I forgot to mention that there is a small disadvantage by using the Remote_0 to Remote_9 actions... Some default remote mappings do not use this actions (at least my X10 default setting was wrong) they use the keyboard mapping instead . That means that users will have to change there remote mappings.

What kind of remote do you use? I interested how other remotes look like (i.e. the MCE)

Bye
    Lars

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    There is also another slight change: the cursor left does is the backspace key as long as it is not required for key button navigation. The same is with the cursor up key which toggles the shift mode.
    Lars

@lkuech
    The MCE remote has a "Clear" key which functions as backspace in Windows MCE.
    This prevents interference with the cursor keys. Can you support this key/function?

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Small comment on the new onscreen keyboard, while you are changing the way it works could one of you also have a go with changing the look of the keyboard.
    Keep up the good work!

p.s.: Or even better make it skinable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom