Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Maybe it's a good idea to inform the core developers of MP that the virtual keyboard should support SMS styled input, so everywhere the SMS input can be used (something that should've worked from the start :))

The SMS keyboard works for me (using an emulated MCE remote) in all of the music listings, it just doesn't allow for input of more than one character. It's still a big help, as it allows me to dispense with one level of listings (collected by initial letter), but of course I would love to be able to key in more than one letter. Oddly enougn, I can't get my regular keyboard (RF wireless OEM) to work in those listings at all.

Speaking of music listings, does Global Search apply to any DBs other than music?
    If not, it might be appropriate to rename it to "Music Search" or better yet, add a selection for the DB to be searched, so that it can be used to search videos as well.

d-fader

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2006
    I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Speaking of music listings, does Global Search apply to any DBs other than music?

No, not yet. The 'programming model' is ready to be adapted for other searches (video's, pictures, etc), but it's not implemented (check the readme.txt for more information).
    It will be implemented, hence the name Global Search. However, I will concentrate on Music first. Just be patient :p

WhiteDog

Portal Member
    December 19, 2005
    Does this work with 0.2.3.0 ?
    Where is the "search" supposed to be in the menu? Some screenshots would be nice as well :)

Edna

Portal Member
    October 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is there any way to hack a skin and add a button to launch to the global search from within my music? Or is that not how skins work in MP?

d-fader

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2006
    I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there any way to hack a skin and add a button to launch to the global search from within my music? Or is that not how skins work in MP?

You'll have to wait a bit longer, I will start development again this week, expect a new version soon. I am in contact with the author of MyMusic and the goal is to link or maybe even integrate global search into MyMusic.

Stay tuned :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom